Discussion: Trump Names Mick Mulvaney Acting White House Chief Of Staff

I think we ended that competition at one.

9 Likes

/ choking on oneā€™s own vomit.

Before my head hits the pillow Iā€™ll ask God to intervene and call it dealers choice.

2 Likes

Also, the Friday night news dump quality of this announcement is :100:

6 Likes

Sure would be funny as hell.

5 Likes

Yeah! Tomorrowā€™s the weekend and there will be less head spinning news. I used to miss TPM when they wouldnā€™t report, but Iā€™m looking forward to not having all the explosive news for a day or two.

3 Likes

Heā€™s gonna need a bigger holeā€¦

8 Likes

Gonna go out on a limb and predict the ā€œactingā€ is because Trump has no idea he doesnā€™t need to be confirmed.

9 Likes

The same people over and over and overā€¦This lept to mind:

Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio, the father of Baroque painting, shocked the upper class aesthetes of his day by drafting prostitutes and proletariats as models for his primarily Biblical subjects.

Ten years ago, under the direction of founder Ludovica Rambelli, eight members of the Italian company, Malatheatre, discovered first hand the insanely rigorous poses Caravaggio demanded of his models, creating 23 tableaux vivants inspired by the masterā€™s oeuvre.

The company sought less to reproduce the paintings than the scene Caravaggio would have gazed on from behind his easel.

The 13 stagings in the video below make one aware of the intense physicality evident in Caravaggioā€™s work.

11 Likes

It would beBest.

4 Likes

Websters definition of a Chief of Staff

: an expendable or exploitable person, group, or thing

Oops! Sorry, I was wrong. That was the definition of Cannon Fodder.

13 Likes

It makes no difference who the CoS is. Trump does what he wants when he wants. Mulvaney is a place holder so Kelly can get outta the WH before the entire thing implodes.

5 Likes

So, Mulvaney destroys everything heā€™s put in charge of. Thatā€™s his purpose as he sees it. Less government = more freedumb ā„¢. Heā€™s a nihilist. I see this as symbolically the end of the Trump presidency. We havenā€™t entirely reached that point in practice, but itā€™s coming.

10 Likes

Super cool and staged live, God only knows how much rehearsal it took to get all the poses right. Thanks.

7 Likes

:joy:

7 Likes

Trump on Friday tweeted that he has named Mick Mulvaney as White House chief of staff.

Iā€™m already looking forward to his successor.

15 Likes

That was utterly amazing! Too cool!

3 Likes

Better they call those positions Mulvaneys rather than what we all know them to beā€¦ Mulligans.

9 Likes

The clock has started on the inaugural Mulvaney Unit.

8 Likes

That was my first thought too. :laughing::laughing:

Great minds and all that!

3 Likes

Can we get a pool going on how long this masochist will last?
Two weeks? Three days? One month?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available