Discussion: Trump Names Mick Mulvaney Acting White House Chief Of Staff

Mulvaney’s got a very special tone-deafness that is exactly what I would wish for a Chief-of-Staff who is ultimately responsible for the crucial messaging that stands between the POTUS and incarceration.

6 Likes

Definition of patriot - obey the law, pay your taxes, be kind to those who have daily struggles in their lives, make sure that no one goes without health care, support public education, make it a priority that people do not go hungry and homeless and don’t be a dickweed. This list is not inclusive but is a first step.

7 Likes

I agree, but it is hard to temporarily pause being a news junkie.

1 Like

There’s a new sheriff in town. Name’s Mulvaney.

I think the main reason he is acting chief of staff is because to make him chief of staff would be to admit that there isn’t a whole bunch of people lining up to be his Chief of Staff.

He will make Mulvaney acting CoS and then say that he is doing such s good job he will keep him despite all those highly qualified people lining up to do the job.

6 Likes

I wonder whether the 25th amendment group that was there in the White House according to Ms. Manigault-Newman and others a few months ago is still active or has disbanded. This is the exactly the type of crisis scenario that the 25th amendment was designed to address. Given Pence’s bizarre demeanor at the televised meeting, I would not be surprised if he was working on something behind the scenes for his christian conservative base.

1 Like

Will he actually make it to Day 1?

If I could, I’d give this a gazillion likes.

1 Like

Point taken.

However the potential damage is somewhat mitigated by the increasing complete lack of functionality of the so-called prez. And T-boy is hardest on those who are in closest proximity to him.

Mulvaney may be infinitely more effective when he is not in T-rumpus’ immediate orbit.

He is not going to increase in efficiency next to the increasingly unstable Oval Office Occupant.

1 Like

Unpossible! :smile: Haha yeah maybe he just wanted to get off the merry-go-round of name floating/being turned down. People get married for similar reasons; naming an “acting” chief of staff is obviously less of a commitment.

Well Mick , you will now need to order thousands of boxes of diapers PLUS thousands of boxes of surgical gloves ( for when you change his diapers ) .

“Acting” probably means Mick didn’t even know he was offered the role before Trump blurted it out.

Trump was so worried that it looked bad with nobody wanting the job. But it looks even worse to canablize your existing freaking staff to fill vacancies.

1 Like

For the record, there were MANY people who wanted to be the White House Chief of Staff…

…just not while I’m president!

2 Likes

I hear he does card tricks, too.

The plot thickens; it turned out later last night it was Mulvaney’s idea to be “acting” CoS. Hasn’t given up his old position, which will be run by a subordinate while he retains that title too. Sounds ridiculous but I guess if he runs into trouble he imagines he’ll just walk back to his old office and pretend it all never happened?

Holy shit Zinke’s out. The hits just keep coming.

4 Likes

I hpoe Zinke has an indictment aimed his wsy.

1 Like

This is great. ACTING chief of staff. Most people would kill for this job but the best Whiny could do was some Southern clodhopper agreeing to be the ACTING chief of staff.
First he gets that crooked redneck Pruitt and his Cone of Silence to run the EPA, now this Cracker.
Sure, our last smart President had three chiefs of staff too but he didn’t have them all in his first two years.

Palpatine said it better.

It’s another example of Trump’s contributions to the environment. He keeps recycling the diminishing number of administration officials who have not yet been indicted or decided to leave before being struck by lightening. Who wants to jump on a train in the process of falling off a bridge while engulfed in flames? Well, I guess some of them clearly are dumb enough …

I’m excited to see how he bashes Mulvaney on the way out the door.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available