Discussion: Trump Loses Millions At Scottish Resorts For Third Year In A Row

Interesting comparison to a previous rich president that drove the US to ruin
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/herbert-hoover-donald-trump_us_59dbbed3e4b0b34afa5b505c?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

2 Likes

Original artwork removed by author.

7 Likes

I grew up near Pinehurst NC and it seems like a lot of the ridiculously over abundant course have gone out of business there. I never understood the appeal of golf, but it seems like between the population growth slowing down and folks just not very active golf resorts are just not ever going to be that popular any more…

Who knows whether Trump is making or losing money in Scotland? The man lies about every damn thing. Is there some tax advantage to claiming a loss? If so, wouldn’t he claim the hugest, bestest losses ever?

5 Likes

I wonder who owns the paper on those loses? You know its NOT Trump…

1 Like

Not enough, he needs to lose everything.

2 Likes

Trump’s only been bankrupt like what, four times?

Good businessman, my ass.

The only good thing about his election has been that it’s brought out of the woodwork all of the racist, sexist bigots in America that we’ve been pretending for the past couple of decades don’t exist anymore.

5 Likes

1 Like

Golf is one of those Scottish games—like curling also—which were obviously intended to be played ONLY when consuming large amounts of alcohol. Without the booze, golf is a pointless exercise.

3 Likes

Who said there isn’t any good news, anymore?

1 Like

Makes me want to watch “Local Hero” again…

7 Likes

Sure, if you suck at it but its the most challenging game in the world to master IMO.

You’ll see pro athletes that could play baseball as well as football or basketball but you never see even one of the most elite athletes that could also play professional golf.

I’ll take golf and fishing over the big 3 in sports any day. Like a road trip, go have a golf day or fishing day with a buddy or a few and you’ll really get to know them fast and whether they really are what they appear to be or not.
You’re out in the big open world and its a test of yourself that’s great if you do well and still great if you don’t.

Generally, the alcohol excuse is all encompassing and used for everything by the user.

1 Like

Its fake news because the profits were also fake.

Really, the only real thing about Trounce is the universal disdain. This awful thing really is happening, the sideshow I’m not sure about at all.

1 Like

Plus, the carts have enough room for a cooler. Try doing that while playing basketball, football or baseball.

4 Likes

What I’ve learned in 50 years watching the struggles for racial equality and its impact on white America is that white racists now look over both shoulders before they say the “n word”. Not much more than that.

3 Likes

Right, I’m not being hypocritical, I’ve drank a lot and played some rotten golf at the same time but had a blast. After my divorce, a friend and myself were notorious on the links but I’ve got great memories. Those were the days.
I was also the DD on the course for the clowns that I was playing with.

One of my favorite courses is in Scottsdale AZ. For pre-round warm up, you get a beeper and there is a abnormally huge basket of balls by the driving range and was even unlimited, all you can hit. You get beeped when its go time.

But when I decided to get better I limited myself to one or two at most. The cart has a built in cooler under the hood, ball washers, shoe washers and club.
The course is ridiculously tight and I banged a bunch of balls inside patios and one ricocheted around the kids plastic toys for a while before spitting out back at me, that was too much fun.
And all for $50. Not bad but I got absolutely smoked by the humpbacked, less than athletic looking, regional Tyson Chicken Rep that basically just went to conventions and played golf.
I did gain some invaluable chicken info though, so I’ve got that going for me, hah!

ETA: right about doing that in any other sport. They give you a car, alcohol and lethal weapons. Pretty amazing really.

How many golfers played another sport at a high level? I’ve never heard of one.

Right, Golf is unique and not a general talent that someone that has athletic ability otherwise can fake their way through.

My point was the opposite but it works both ways.
Its not for everyone, but what is?

1 Like

You haven’t lived until you play a round at a New Orleans suburban course. A 22 is standard equipment in every cart, due to the habit of water moccasins sunning on greens.

1 Like