Discussion: Trump Labels Focus On Russian Election Interference A 'Political Witch Hunt'

Looks like no one asked for my advice. Apparently, the revelations about the sheer scale of Russia’s trolling and social media agitprop campaign jarred the Powers that Be into banning him. I still think it was safer to just bell him with taunting replies and leave him in place. Now we’ll have to spend weeks treating his replacement as if he might be a good-faith real commenter.

1 Like

1 Like

Hover over the tweet and take a look at the link address.

2 Likes

Gracias.

2 Likes

Oh Yeah.
NOBODY is more viciously protective of their “tribes” ideas than Psychiatrists/Psychologists…
They have a looooonnnngggg history of pillorying their “detractors” in the most tribal ways imaginable.
If you thought Physicists were bad, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
and don’t get me started on Economists. wow.

And, once again I am annoyed by my inability to find usable links to either a clip or images of the Bugs Bunny with the “bats in the belfry,” “screw ball,” “leaky faucet,” “cracked pot” series of signs.

It would be hard to tell if he was the substance above the rim or below the rim…

1 Like

I’m imagining a sort of “Tell Tale Heart” scenario, where like you said every leak will throw him off the rails. Maybe throw in a James Cagney’s Captain Morton from Mister Roberts.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert: The movie version of this story ends with the discovery that Trump is not a U.S. citizen.

1 Like

If I may play grammar cop, an original witch hunt used torture to extract confessions of witchcraft from one person. After that, more torture extracted the naming of other – innocent – persons as witches.

In the HUAC era we threatened people with job loss if they did not name colleagues as commies.
Those were witch hunts, merely minus the feet to the fire.

Today, nearly any investigation, legit or not, gets labelled as a witch hunt such that the term has lost its original referent.

Several senators, walked to the White House, told Nixon to resign.
He was sane enough to resign.
Who does that in the current scenario?

1 Like

It’s really like the nation elected the mad Czar, or a Caligula, to our highest office. I agree that as he becomes increasingly erratic and insane in his conduct of the office – and I haven’t the slightest doubt that that’s what were going to see almost from day one – there will be attempts to bring him down. Already his use of tweets to announce policy moves, ordering investigations into who leaked what, even before the son of the bitch has taken office and has the power to do so, reflect a madness that bodes nothing but ill for the Republic.

If we’re lucky, we will have a et tu Brute? moment in the House and Senate, not with knives but with a bill of impeachment in the House and a Senate Trial cutting this cancer out of the body politic. It can’t happen fast enough for me.

1 Like

Have sh*t, need fan.

Well here’s the thing. We need to bear in mind that it this point, only people like us–politically engaged, center left, types–are really exorcised about this. The MSM will be off chasing shiny inauguration and confirmation and agency blowing up objects in a few days, the majority of Republicans seem to believe it was fine and dandy for a hostile foreign power to conduct covert ops to subvert democracy as long as they (stupidly think they) benefit, and a bunch of people on the left are still in deep denial at the very idea that they were Jar-Jarred by Vladimir Putin.

But when it happens, it may well look like this:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

U.S. Const., Amend. 25, Sec. 4.

1 Like

Trump said the attention paid to Russian interference masked Democrats’ embarrassment at losing the presidential election.
My first thought about that comment was “projection”. Why do so many of Trump’s pronouncements sound like illustrative examples from a college Abnormal Psychology textbook?

I think tRUmp meant political DICK hunt

1 Like

Agree except bill of impeachment must come from the House and that’s unlikely.

But, yes, he’s a Caligula. It’s going to be very interesting.

1 Like

That’s the procedure. Don’t mean that will work in practice. I hope you’re right.
He might have to be literally arrested, with a warrant blessed by a really high court.

Recall the Russians arrested Beria? They were scared to death of him. He had his praetorian guard.

Did he say Putin’s Bitch hunt? I already know where he is!!! Is there a prize of some sort?

1 Like

So T-Rump gets caught with Putin’s dick in his mouth and blames the media…right…still a cocksucker.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available