Discussion: Trump Joins House GOPers Complaining About DOJ Response To Doc Requests

OT but at the WH Easter egg roll:

2 Likes

Did they ask her who her favorite Beatle was?

If he voices the lie enough, 40% of the country will believe that the Democrats really did kill DACA.

4 Likes

Yes that is true but it’s not a 40% that matters to our majority.

And I think about this problem almost every day - this minority that lives in a reality totally constructed by propaganda. Are we really that divided? Do we really need to worry about it or is that minority actually so small it doesn’t matter? I think it’s small and doesn’t matter that much. And I hope I’m right because I don’t see a way to change their viewpoints without upending their entire belief-structure and I have no idea how to do that.

5 Likes

The GOP criticizes everyone else for being ‘slow’.

Hillarious.

2 Likes

Propaganda works.

4 Likes

I like the way that Sarah HuckaBS’s press briefings are included in the president’s schedule to flesh it out a little. Oh, and all the travel time arrivals and departures.

It makes the daily lists look long, but when you cut out all the chaff it is a banner day when he has two things to do.

1 Like

Will someone please take away his phone? I’m so sick of hearing “Trump tweeted…” One would think the President of the United States would have more important duties than yelling at clouds. Please make it stop.

Yes!

Turns out if you’re in the minority, you have less of an incentive to compromise than the majority does. Because if you stick to your guns, and reach that crucial 10%, your ideas eventually win out. Just as the graph from SNARC below illustrates:

When Goodlatte gets the documents the sheer amount of ‘who cares?’ will be staggering.

Then how do we change it?

1 Like

The elf is not a a good person, overall, but I truly appreciate the fact that he has refused to give Trumpp the satisfaction (and relief) of resigning in reaction to the hinting and disrespect that Trumpp has sent his way.

I fully expect that Sessions would resign promptly if Trumpp demanded it, but Trumpp knows it would be risky unless he can make a decent case that he is doing it for reasons unrelated to the Mueller investigation.

3 Likes

Sorry, out for a walk. I’m not sure. I don’t think anyone is. Better educational system, maybe?

1 Like

Well, yeah over the long term.

You don’t have to apologize - we all come and go a bit. :blush:

But we always have a minority with which we don’t agree. The disagreement has been made more intense by ratwing intransigence. We can’t give them what they want and maintain the constitution, so the way I see it is they are shit out of luck. We get the government back we just have to move forward with progress and if they don’t want to come along that’s on them.

We’ll never have 100% of the public’s support.

…the unredacted documents requested by Congress…

The GOP congress has shown consistent disrespect for the safety of sources and the integrity of ongoing investigations. Moreover, their propensity to identify confidential sources has to make prospective witnesses think twice about volunteering information. Now, the suspect at the center of the investigation declares he wants more revealed more quickly to those same enablers and protectors in Congress.
I musta left my airsickness bag around here somewhere…

On the bright side, Drumpf’s hurry to find fault with investigation may be a measure of his growing desperation.
Now, if we could just get someone to look into the actions of these Congresscritters.

I believe that Mueller is going to be fired no matter what. Trump has very little respect for rules and sees Mueller as a threat (which he certainly is) and Trump is surrounded by Fox News types that keep demanding Mueller dismissal and the Republicans in Congress have already decided that if they turn their backs on Trump they will suffer even worse punishment next November, so they will do nothing to protect Mueller.

The only hope is that the GOP and their Russians confederates don’t steal next november’s election, and the House of Representatives start a real investigation.

Trump’s public schedule has golf on Friday, same on Saturday, and same on Sunday 6-1/2 hours for a round. Given that his alternative is watching Fox News, I wish he would spend more time on the golf course. Somebody, tell him that it is impossible for a sitting president to play a round golf in all 50 states during his first term.