Discussion: Trump Is Still Mad At Fox News For Bernie Sanders' Town Hall

The ratings, it’s all about the ratings. Maybe Faux is in the toilet where they belong.

That’s because he can’t see his feet, or his limo.

Laws, precedents, anything described with the phrase “Obama-era,” social decorum.

Oh–and rain.

ETA: Sigh–I see @pluckyinky covered the “rain” one already.

1 Like

Nothing to do with (most of) your comment, but this bit above reminded me of an Onion article.

The one thing Don Quixote and Don(ald) Trump have in common is self-induced delusion.

Sancho Panza tries to talk Quixote out of attacking the windmills, but he would have none of it. Quixote was no coward.

1 Like

I’ve seen this movie before.

Trump can’t even be original in his senility.

Markos. He didn’t “crash the gates.” He slipped through them, MONETIZED, and now works to keep others out.

1 Like

At Trump’s stunted level of emotional development, his reaction to fear is almost always to display anger.

(With one notable exception: Putin. Trump clearly fears Putin, but he never says one negative word about him, and always goes full beta dog whenever he’s in Putin’s presence.)

Yup. That was crystal clear in the 2016 GOP primary contest. First “Low Energy Jeb.” Then “Lyin Ted” and “Little Marco.” He didn’t bother with insulting nicknames for those who he didn’t feel threatened by.

I mean yeah, he’s also just an emotionally stunted fifth grader who gets off on insulting people and sometimes does so just for kicks – but for the most part, he deploys his name-calling and insults strategically, focusing on those he feels most threatened by.

Right now, that’s Bernie and Biden, by virtue being the current leaders in the polls (Trump pretends to not believe in polls, but time and time again his comments and tweets show he pays close attention to what the polls are saying). Thus the tweeting about “Crazy Bernie” and “Sleepy Joe.”

And of course Bernie really got under his skin by doing the Fox News Town Hall. From Trump’s (insecure, emotionally stunted) point of view, Bernie came into his house, repeatedly and harshly criticized Trump, and got big applause for it from the live audience, in front of an at-home audience of millions – so naturally he’s furious that his people stood there and let it happen.

2 Likes

Fox will have a hard time finding an audience that is going to work against many of Bernie Sanders progressive policies, because the DC politics is different then that of the rest of the country. In 1937, the southern republicans abruptly switch to democratic party, when Roosevelt provided money and jobs. In a perverse way DC and the media have acted as a buffer between the people on the coasts and the middle red states.

One of the stupidest things that democrats have done is ignore red states. When you talk to people you get to know what their real issues are and you often create a bond and trust. Look, Obama who reached out in Iowa won it in 2008 and 2012. The state is 97% white, and is Steve Kings’ state. Nothing is what it seems.

The division between red and blue states and the lack of contact between the two has helped to create the so called division, which I think is mostly bullshit. The way to diminish the veil is to have democrats show up like Obama did in 2008.

1 Like

thank you for Toadglans. (I shall always hold it dear.)
this is for you

1 Like

I took a look. I don’t see how you came to your conclusions. It looks like Unemployment is down?

Year ------Unemployment Rate
2016 ----- 5.23
2017 ----- 4.91
2018 ----- 4.48

2016 Jan ------ 5.3
2016 Feb ------ 5.5
2016 Mar ------ 5.5
2016 Apr ------ 5.0
2016 May ------ 5.1
2016 Jun ------ 5.4
2016 Jul ------ 5.7
2016 Aug ------ 5.8
2016 Sep ------ 5.4
2016 Oct ------ 5.0
2016 Nov ------ 4.6
2016 Dec ------ 4.5

2016 Avg----- 5.23

2017 Jan ------ 5.5
2017 Feb ------ 5.6
2017 Mar ------ 5.2
2017 Apr ------ 4.5
2017 May ------ 4.9
2017 Jun ------ 4.9
2017 Jul ------ 5.3
2017 Aug ------ 5.4
2017 Sep ------ 4.5
2017 Oct ------ 4.4
2017 Nov ------ 4.4
2017 Dec ------ 4.3

2017 Avg------ 4.91

2018 Jan ------ 5.3
2018 Feb ------ 5.3
2018 Mar ------ 4.9
2018 Apr ------ 4.3
2018 May ------ 3.9
2018 Jun ------ 4.5
2018 Jul ------ 4.7
2018 Aug ------ 4.7
2018 Sep ------ 4.2
2018 Oct ------ 4.1
2018 Nov ------ 3.9
2018 Dec ------ 4.0

2018 Avg ----- 4.48

1 Like

The chart I posted specifically offers a starting point on the calendar of April, 2018, showing an unemployment rate of 4.3%. The BLS showes on the same chart a February, 2019 unemployment rate of 4.4%. So, in nearly a year unemployment is stagnant ot up. Trump bragged the Bethlehem economy was booming thanks to him. Does a slight uptick in unemployment since April of last year indicate Trump has significanly boosted the ecomomic fortunes of Bethlehem as he boasts?

1 Like

That’s cherry picking. You cannot pick two months (4/18, 2/19) and discuss the fate of an economy and be expected to be taken seriously.

You got to be kidding? Even using you distorted cherry picking, having 4.3 go to 4.4 means nothing.

1 Like

Many Trump Fans & Signs were outside of the @FoxNews Studio last night in the now thriving (Thank you President Trump) Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for the interview with Crazy Bernie Sanders. Big complaints about not being let in-stuffed with Bernie supporters. What’s with @FoxNews?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 17, 2019

I didn’t start the discussion. Trump did. And in the context of his claims the time frame I cite is entirely appropriate.

For former Bethlehem Mayor John Callahan that Tweet was enough to get him dust off his neglected Twitter account and reset his password so he could reply.

“Anyone who knows anything about the history of Bethlehem knows Donald Trump had nothing to do with the revitalization of the city,” Callahan, who was mayor from 2004-2014, said Wednesday.

I grew up in Bethlehem and went on to be Mayor and you had as much to do with making Bethlehem great again as you did America. Absolutely nothing! Like America we were #alreadygreat https://t.co/sitQETTLyT

— John B. Callahan (@John_Callahan) April 17, 2019

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/2019/04/president-trump-just-took-credit-for-revitalizing-bethlehem-bethlehems-mayor-begs-to-differ.html
1 Like

You said the unemployment rate went up in 2018

It didn’t. Period.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available