Discussion: Trump Is Still Defending His Response To Deadly Charlottesville White Nationalist Rally

1 Like

Once you are a racist, always a racist.
It’s a wonder he won’t go for the grand pooper job after this failed job opportunity.
The rest is just pure trump BS as usual

8 Likes

If there were “very fine people” concerned about Robert E. Lee’s legacy, they would have made a sincere effort to condemn the violent terrorists who were the face of the 2017 Charlottesville rallies. Haven’t seen that kind of pushback yet…

21 Likes

the abomination needs those very fine racists, neo-nazis, and white supremacists if we ever actually attempt to hold him accountable for his criminality. or if he decides to disregard the results of the 2020 election.

he’ll continue to praise the most contemptible and despicable among us.

5 Likes

From the great movie Airplane (1980).

This man is sick, sick, sick…

3 Likes

We’re dealing with a president in 2019 defending Robert E. Lee. He’s not obviously talking about him in a historical context who took up arms against our country not the Lee who surrendered at Appomattox.
Oh by the way there were Neo Nazis at Charlottesville too. His desiccated mind forgets.

7 Likes

So he watched Biden’s announcement video.

10 Likes

If he felt enough heat over this he’d say in the next breath that he misspoke and he meant to say there weren’t very fine people on both sides, and if they say “but you said it over and over” he’ll say he never said that. He doesn’t perceive time and reality the way normal people do. But in the meantime he answered the question perfectly because Robert E. Lee was a good general.

Gonna be a long fuckin’ year and a half.

17 Likes

Also sprach Mango Mussolini

“Whether you like it or not, he was one of the great generals,” Trump continued. “I’ve spoken to many generals here right at the White House, and many people thought of the generals, they think he was maybe their favorite general. People were there protesting the taking down of the monument of Robert E. Lee. Everybody knows that.”

He was such a highly regarded general that his family plantation was confiscated after the war for use as a National Cemetery. (Yes, that Arlington Cemetery.)

Lee viewed himself as a Virginian, not an American. When Virginia seceded, Lee went along with Virginia: he forgot about his oath to the United States of America.

So, Trumplethinskin I want you to re-read your histories of the period from 1856- 1860 and rewrite your comments. While you are about it, let’s pay some attention to subject-predicate-object structuring. Mmmkay?

10 Likes

Reminder, doubling down is never a good way to chase your losses.

4 Likes

Biden said the moment Trump referenced “very fine people,” he knew the threat to the country was “unlike any I had ever seen in my lifetime.”

This from a man who gave a eulogy for Strom Thurmond, a pro-segregation Dixiecrat, and who worked with Thurmond to write the New Jim Crow laws that have led to the mass incarceration and criminalization of millions of African Americans, mostly men.

We won’t forget the millions of black lives you destroyed for your political gain, Joe.

Well, Donnie, no one can say you’re not in touch with your base.

4 Likes

“…they think he was maybe their favorite general.”

Well, Lee did mange to kill more American soldiers than Rommel or Tojo.

So, he’s got that going for him.

5 Likes

A circle to be squared:

On John McCain, POW: “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

On R. E. Lee, who surrendered: “Whether you like it or not, he was one of the great generals.”

On himself: “If I’m guilty of anything, it’s that I’ve been a great President.”

Gonna be a long fuckin’ year and a half. Yup.

8 Likes

yeah but this would seem to gibe with controlling the narrative again, no real reason to discuss unless the desire is to re-outrage and focus discussion on non-Meuller/something other than the week of impeachment talk

he’s been doing this since the birther period

2 Likes

I think you misspelled dicktator.

Re-read? We all know he hasn’t read a history book in his life. You’d have to go find whoever he paid to write all his essays in high school and college.

5 Likes

I think you added some superfluous characters to dick. :wink:

2 Likes

Shitter-in-Chief

8 Likes

Certainly that’s true for a man with the personality disorders haunting Donald Trump. The heartening thing is that many people are capable of growing and learning, and then work very hard to redeem themselves.

3 Likes