Discussion: Trump: I Don't Have A Secret Service Detail Yet 'Because I'm A Republican'

Discussion for article #241745

1 Like

Trump wants free shit from the Gov’t?

37 Likes

Donald, nut cases don’t often turn their guns on fellow nut cases. They often do on black guys, however.

Plus, you’re really rich. Why not just hire some top security guys?

15 Likes

Can The Donald do anything, but whine?

22 Likes

But Donald, you’re locked and loaded, Remember?

14 Likes

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security told The Hill that the agency has not received a formal application for Secret Service protection from the Trump campaign.

They should know he deserves it even if he wasn’t running for the Republican nomination. He’s Trump, dammit!

3 Likes

look on the bright side… if someone was able to gun you then you can do what you do best…

file suit…

1 Like

No, Trump, the reason you don’t yet have Secret Service protection is NOT that you are a Republican. The reason you don’t have protection is that you are an idiot:

“A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security told The Hill that
the agency has not received a formal application for Secret Service
protection from the Trump campaign.”

You have to apply for it and you haven’t done so.

16 Likes

Of course he does. He’s part of the 1%, and by and large, the 1% want free stuff and want to make sure that the lower classes do not get any free stuff whatsoever. Or to put it another way, they are everything they accuse the lower classes of being.

9 Likes

Why does Drumpf need a security detail? He’s not going to be the nominee…

3 Likes

uh, no… obama was given secret service protection earlier than most because of the fucking threats against his and his family’s lives;

besides, trump has his own thug, er, security detail. and iirc, it’s typically not provided until the candidate has actually been selected.

but, you know… facts.

20 Likes

Like the guy who keeps praying to win the lottery until finally God says, “At least meet me halfway. Buy a ticket!”

4 Likes

By this time in the 2008 race, Obama probably already had over a thousand threats on his life.

15 Likes

Exactly. Quite frankly, the Secret Service should be considering providing details for rest of America as he continues to make threats against us!

6 Likes

He’s got a special detail of the Oaf Keepers .

5 Likes

Look Trump, you don’t have a Secret Service detail because you’re a Republican entertainer, performing the GOP’s notion of stand-up absurdist comedy. Nobody takes your candidacy seriously, except the seriously stupid.

3 Likes

They also don’t provide details to just anyone. He’s not the nominee yet. He is a candidate to be the nominee. Once he wins the convention, that detail will be there immediately.

7 Likes

"Of course I don’t think they’d want anything to happen. But I would think they should be very proactive and want protection for somebody like me that has 20,000 people at any time," Trump later added.

Yes, the same logic led to the Secret Service assigning a detail to Taylor Swift. Oh, wait, they didn't........hmmm? So it's not merely predicated on being famous, rich, and often immersed in large crowds?
3 Likes

[quote=“voreason, post:8, topic:27662, full:true”]
No, Trump, the reason you don’t yet have Secret Service protection is NOT that you are a Republican. The reason you don’t have protection is that you are an idiot:

First of all, I don’t believe the issue coverage based on crowd size. Can you imagine what it would cost us if they had to cover all the clowns on the R list? If Trump, by some bizarro chance gets the R nomination, he will get the coverage. In addition, why, if there have been no threats, would they cover him.

Entertainers are not required to have secret service, they usually provide their own security, it’s a waste of taxpayers money to do otherwise.

3 Likes