Discussion: Trump: 'I Didn't Go Wild' For Refusing To Attend The Fox Debate

Discussion for article #245323

The GOP is sinking, sinking, sinking deeper into crazy land.

3 Likes

He’s a rebel. A maverick.

You know, an idiot.

7 Likes

He did not go tame either. Amazing talent he has there for filling space with nothing.

He’s going to be the nominee. He’s going to get clobbered in the general (the anti-Trump voters will turn in nearly as great and unusual numbers to vote against him as they did in '08 to vote for Obama) and he’s going to take Senators and Republican governors down with him.

5 Likes

“didn’t go wild” except he called Megyn a bimbo and tweeted photoshopped images of her.
He bamboozles and blusters, yells and cajoles… yet doesn’t go wild (by his own estimation).

What a sorry excuse for a candidate.

4 Likes

How high can his negatives go?

Most political and media commentators have at this point installed Donald Trump as the GOP front-runner on the eve of the first actual voting set to begin on Monday in Iowa. But this narrative tends to obscure the fact that Trump is the most unpopular candidate of either party when the entire U.S. population is taken into account – and that he has a higher unfavorable rating than any nominated candidate from either of the two major parties going back to the 1992 election when we began to track favorability using the current format.

At this point (two-week average through Jan. 27), 33% of Americans view Trump favorably and 60% unfavorably. It’s that 60% unfavorable figure that I can focus on here.
http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/188936/trump-negative-image.aspx

6 Likes

If he does get the nomination I will be seriously nervous until I am sure the landslide is complete. I find it incredibly disturbing the GOPers would fall for trump.

4 Likes

I hope and nearly pray he gets the nomination.

He’ll go down faster and harder in the election than Linda Lovelace did in Deep Throat.

3 Likes

For a minute or so I literally had no idea what he was talking about. But now I see he’s denying that he lost control over being told he couldn’t have his way. Like any abusive personality, it’s a textbook reaction. It’s eternally the other person’s fault, see what you made me do, all that.Typically you don’t see it in frontrunners for national leadership, at least not in advanced societies, but there we are.

10 Likes

Faster than a cheap taffeta dress hitting the floor in a Motel 6 room on Wasilla prom night.

8 Likes

Dump never had any intention of attending this debate once he caught wind of the devastating video montages Fox had teed up.

1 Like

Oh, I think the rabid/nutjob/angry old white man voters will come out–but if there’s one Klown in the Klown Kar even more likely to energize black,Latino/a, and female voters to get out, it’s the Kombover.

2 Likes

Yep. I wish they had played his video anyway just for the viewers, ya know!

3 Likes

No Donald you ran like a pansy from a woman who has you by the short hairs anytime she gets a shot at you, now or in the future. You’re a blowhard coward, standing tall on your own platform on another station with Huckabee and Santorum, the Beavis and Butthead wing of the Republican party. Jesus, how desperate is that? But then that’s your audience isn’t it.

2 Likes
 Trump suppressed this documentary for 25 years.
 Until now.

It won’t deter his rabid base but it’ll horrify the fence sitters.

EDIT: And, I might add that by watching this you’ll become aware that Trump’s abrasive and demeaning style of dealing with people isn’t new. He’s always been an asshole.

2 Likes

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Go Wild’ For Refusing To Attend The Fox Debate

Appears to be as much nuance as he’s capable of.

jw1

It’s backlash.
The GOP was promised a Permanent Majority by Gingrich and Delay.
It looked good for about 5 years (about like that Third Reich thing, actually).
Then, when the Sheriff of Rock Ridge rode into town, sh^t got serious.
Seriously privileged; seriously racist.

Now, those that have been properly propagandized-- are simply acting on that programming.
Donald Trump will forever be known as the 21st century phenom who almost single-handedly made bigotry and racism, once again, publicy acceptable to 30% of our citizenry.

And here I sit patiently-- 50 years-on-- still waiting for my flying-car.

jw1

6 Likes

He was actually quite smart for avoiding Kelly. She asked some tough questions to the candidates that made them look silly. I know…I know…

1 Like

He went Rouge! Or Rogue. Whichever you prefer.