Discussion: Trump Hitches Himself To Giuliani’s ‘Collusion Is Not A Crime’ Defense

Are we sure that is from The Onion? It sounds a lot like something from Giuliani’s recent “I didn’t say what I said on national television” tour.

2 Likes

Mr noun, verb, 9/11 meets
Mr noun, verb, Crooked Hillary and the Democrats.

2 Likes

We are almost to number 5. I am predicting awesome by Friday!

2 Likes

Rudy and Donnie: Please, go ahead and keep deluding yourselves. You are absolutely correct, collusion is not a crime.

But CONSPIRACY is!!!

1 Like

Collusion may not be a crime, but treason is.

4 Likes

July deadline for what report?

2 Likes

I made that up. Just in a hurry-up-and-do-it-and-make-me-smile sort of way.

1 Like

5 Likes

Another question is: would he be charged with “collusion”, or will some other legal term be used, such as treason (I wish!) or “collaborating with a hostile country to illegally win an election”… something like that? Its the press calling this collusion, not Mueller.

Well, he’s always bought or blackmailed his way out of these crimes in the past. He probably thinks they’re less “illegal” than South American refugees crossing the border from Mexico.

This certainly is an admission/confession of the ‘happening’ whether crime or not… Trump and/or Trump Campaign colluded, that is a confessed FACT. Now is the time to discover the length and breadth of the collusion, i.e. amount of advice, propaganda, and MONEY received. Then if the law says, that range of collusion is not a CRIME, OK, liar will get acquitted. Rudy will celebrate. If the law says otherwise, things will go the other way. By the by, why Rudy is not yet indicted for divulging classified information?

1 Like

Trump said: “Don’t believe what you see and hear!” (He didn’t mention “what you read” because he doesn’t read and probably his followers don’t either.)

How 'bout conspiracy?

col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
noun
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
“the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers”

synonyms: conspiracy, connivance, complicity, intrigue, plotting, secret understanding, collaboration, scheming

1 Like

“Trump would be willing to testify if
they kept their questions limited to the collusion case, and not
touching issues associated with obstruction of justice.”

I’m sure. And Willie Sutton would be willing to testify as long as the prosecutors didn’t ask any questions about bank robbery or safe cracking.

Perhaps the Dem party is leery of stating that Trump is a traitor because they know the media is on Trump’s side, and they (dems) could be eviscerated by the media/RW scumbag gang just as they (media/RW) destroyed Dan Rather over his story about Bush2’s desertion from Nat’l Guard? Or Al Gore’s “earthtone” clothes, or his “claim” that he created the internet? Or the “Dean scream”?

The media loves Repugs, even when the Repugs:
•ignore warnings about a terrorist attack,
•lie the country into a trillion-dollar losing war,
•torture enemy combatants and civilians
•crash the WORLD economy
… the press was fine with that.

Even Katarina didn’t’ really faze them, tho they pretended to be shocked, “shocked I tell you!” that a corrupt and incompetent administration couldn’t handle a major Hurricane they’d been warned about, just as they were warned about 9/11
… It was all great for ratings, and the billionaire corporation CEOs love them those repug tax cuts.

I agree that they should shout it loud and clear that Trump is a traitor, that he conspired with Russia to steal the election, and also trumpet the creature’s other horrible crimes. But I can see how they may be a bit… cowed.

1 Like

“…In 7 years, when I am no longer in office” Dream on, dunderhead!

How I hate this boastful bastard traitor. He’d delusional of course, but he is also completely evil. 100% evil.

1 Like

“Trump would be willing to testify if they kept their questions limited to the collusion case, and not touching issues associated with obstruction of justice.” Why would Mueller agree to that - only testimony about a crime that isn’t a crime?

Also, someone please explain to me how someone gets to only talk about the weather and their favorite cookie instead of the crimes they may be indicted for? How does that work? Can I pull that one?

Rudy is just a public personality that the wingnut/Trumpsters love because he is a law and order police state kind of guy. He gets on the talk shows. People know who he is. But he would not be involved in any trial.

1 Like

Speaking of hitching yourself to someone else’s defence. Donald apparently hired Bill Clinton’s impeachment lawyer a few months back.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-giuliani-russia-collusion-crime_us_5b6074d6e4b0b15aba9cfea5

Framing matters – TR/UDY want us talking about “collusion no collusion” . . they don’t want its talking about obstruction and conspiracy. Every moment we spend arguing over collusion is playing on their field. FORGET COLLUSION. Talk about Conspiracy and Obstruction of Justice. Ask Rudy whether he ever prosecuted anyone on conspiracy and obstruction charges and see if he says they aren’t crimes.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available