Discussion: Trump Goes Off on Media, Forgets About Clinton

Haw haw
From CNN.com:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/14/media/donald-trump-media-bias-first-amendment/index.html

WAAAAA!!! The Media is out to get me…WAAAAA!!!

9 Likes

“Gaffe-by-gaffe” - Would be hard to beat that for the title of a book on Trump’s 2016 campaign.

12 Likes

Hahahaha
Whiner in Chief
Cnn headline
“The Media is out to get me!!”
edit
I am not kidding when I call him Whiner-in-Chief Trump says it about himself. Give a listen:

Edit
The first time I saw that it was live. I looked around for something to throw at the TV but was scolded by Mrs darr who said it would be a good idea if I took our dog for a walk. The idea being I would cool down. She doesn’t like trump either but she’s a pragmatic person. TV’s are expensive items

15 Likes

Donald Trump’s campaign on Sunday went on a new tear against the media, blaming the “disgusting” press for a week of distractions at a time when Republicans have urged him — again — to focus on Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

i actually forgot what happened last week…sheiss.

5 Likes

Trump will get another chance to reset his campaign on Monday when he is expected to lay out his plan for defeating what running mate Mike Pence on Sunday called, “radical Islamic terrorism” with “real specifics” on how to make the United States safer.

if this plan isn’t any different from his previous ISIL statements…uggh.

5 Likes

Trump has spent a full year gaffing, stumbling from fuck up to fuck up all on his own. He seems to think his words won’t be reported verbatim. If he whines it’s reported. And today’s “journalists” generally treat him with kid gloves which he calls distortion.
Humans generally are reasonably self aware. When we screw up we realize it. Generally speaking. But there are exceptions and I believe we are seeing one here.

11 Likes

Trump is an unrepentant, childish psycho and the Repubs have to own or disown him. It is that simple.

5 Likes

A man who built is candidacy on birtherism says the media is dishonest.

Kenya feel the schadenfreude?

36 Likes

NBC News has an article:
“In His Words: 19 Notable Thoughts From Donald Trump” by Ali Vitali. I thought it was a satire, but there are NINETEEN absurd statements that Trump made on Saturday night in a Connecticut rally. He doesn’t need the media to make him look bad - he just has to talk.

12 Likes

Trump some time back said he knew more about ISIS than all the generals. This talk on how to defeat radical Islamic terrorism should reveal if he was goofing off or not. But of course when he gets called on this he will whine and complain about how he’s treated. His level of knowledge of Islam is that of his followers…nil…as in ZERO. He equates Islam with bombs and lopping heads off. He will try to say ISIS is somehow Islamic. It isn’t. ISIS is the antithesis of what Islam is.
Even I know that.

4 Likes

Perhaps Trump will be docile and read his ISIS speech without ad libs. Elizabeth Warren should then tweet about what a good boy he is when he follows the teleprompter. Should produce interesting results!

12 Likes

Primary Trump: “The media covers all the outrageous things I say and focuses on them for days on end!”

Current Trump: “How dare you guys cover all the outrageous things I say and focus on them for days on end!”

As Josh has said, same candidate, different audience for the general election.

9 Likes

Alternate title: Gaffing His Way to the Bank: Trump’s 2016 Campaign

4 Likes

Poor Donny. If all the media were like Fox, and all the voters were like the GOP base, then he could be president, easy peasy.

4 Likes

Trump will get another chance to reset his campaign on Monday when he is
expected to lay out his plan for defeating what running mate Mike Pence
on Sunday called, “radical Islamic terrorism” with “real specifics” on
how to make the United States safer.
…
Jeebus on a cracker!!
How many goddam resets does this buffoon get?
How many times to be forgiven his frigging stupidity?
This is shameful!

12 Likes

Guess Trump is flip-flopping on his core belief that all media coverage is good media coverage.

So sad.

16 Likes

There’s Jim Gaffigan and now, Donald GaffeAgain. The former is a laugh creator; the latter, a laughing stock.

6 Likes

Thus far the “plan” seems to focus on attacking people who don’t use the magic words “radical Islamic terrorism.” I expect the updated plan will contain more “details” about what to do about people who don’t use the magic words.

6 Likes

Today’s Politico story by a former employee of Trump Magazine was truly scary for anyone who believes that Trump, as President, would run the country as he ran his businesses. His business model appears to be collecting a licensing fee or something comparable off the top, before profit and loss is calculated, so that he comes out of the debacle making money while the investors, shareholders and employees are left holding the bag. Fascinating to contemplate how he would apply this model to the presidency.

12 Likes