Discussion: Trump Dumps Roy Moore: He Should 'Certainly' Concede To Doug Jones

The Dems messaging is getting better and more consistent. They are going to hang the Moore election around every R officeholder in 2018. The ads write themselves, and will feature images Roy Moore and Head Pussy-grabber in charge. It’s the modern equivalent of “when did you stop beating your wife”. And it will all be verifiably true.
Pass the popcorn…

Or the Peas.

3 Likes

We also need to think more about what it means that Ryan is planning on leaving the House next year. It’s like running out of the burning building in order to stay alive to run again another year for something bigger and better. Also, a talker I trust most of the time, Maddow, has calculated that if the momentum we see lately holds, the House might flip to about 255 Ds and 177 Rs, and if it comes anywhere near that, Ryan won’t want to be there for the carnage.

@headhunter212

3 Likes

A poster on the WaPo site (to Thiessen’s latest POS) has coined the perfect realization of what the modern GOP is:

Guardians of Perverts

3 Likes

This is why they’re finally dropping the curtain and going all out - taxes, judges, blue slips, etc. McConnell knows this is their last hurrah and they’d better grab it. He’s going to leave the always hapless-looking John Thune (can’t wait to see him in a match of wits with Schumer) with the fallout, which will be considerable.

3 Likes

President Pelosi. Half the country would lose their collective minds. I know, I know … but a girl can dream.

5 Likes

Unless I misread the stories I saw—always a possibility—I thought he was just leaving the Speakership but staying a member of the House.

He’s never had a job—except for driving the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile—that didn’t involve suckling at the government teat.
But he’s rich enough now that he doesn’t really have to work at all.

2 Likes

Serious props for the Prince & Maceo vid thanks @headhunter212 !

1 Like

He also probably would have been homeless, hungry and unable to go to college were it not for Social Security…

You mean the half that already proved they have no mind to begin with when they voted for Trump (or any Republican’t, for that matter)?

2 Likes

I guess Donald want the “This election is about Pres. Trump’s presidency”- meme, which was floated by several people before the election, to go away and die quietly ? “I like people, who don’t loose elections”

1 Like

It’s mostly to illustrate how pathetic he is. Everyone loves a stooge they can point and laugh at. In all honesty I hope he drags this out as long as possible so he can continue to be an embarrassment for the GOP.

1 Like

There was a big bus parked outside the White House that no one’s been thrown under.

I’d love to ask Roy why God let the South lose the war. Almost as if He despises slavery and racism.

I suppose he can’t concede because he’s a professional victim. Nothing is ever his fault. If he lost (and that’s if to him), then it’s the fault of outsiders, blacks, women, and “nonChristians”. Great for grifting purposes, which is his true vocation anyway.

1 Like

From the Politico article, but the confusion about when and if results from the argle bargle offered up in place of Yes or No.

He would like to serve through Election Day 2018 and retire ahead of the next Congress.

2 Likes

I’m sure others have pointed this out elsewhere, but this is exactly how the Orange Ones told folks he was going to act if he had lost the election. Refuse to accept that he could possibly have lost. And I have no doubt we would still be litigating ballot chads (or the metaphorical equivalent) 10 months in, if Hillary had won.

Roy Moore is sucking up attention. He’s forcing Trump to talk about someone other than himself. He hates that. Moore is now doing God’s Work.

1 Like

Thanks for that! I had missed it.

1 Like

I believe the technical term is “Get out of Dodge…”

2 Likes

This is sort of interesting, is Donald aiming for a sub-30% approval rating before year-end ?

Come On, Donnie, you can do it !

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Anytime, friend. (brother? sister? xir?) I miss the Purple One. Have a great weekend!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available