Discussion: Trump Dumps Qatar Alliance Via Twitter, Takes Credit For Gulf States Cutting Ties

2 Likes

Apparently the plan has failed to materialize.

33 Likes

but remember, according to that ghoul conway and the nazi doughboy gorka, his tweets aren’t policy statements.

26 Likes

“I am positive there will be no implications coming out of this dramatic situation at all,” Secretary of Defense James Mattis said the same day. “The diplomatic situation, it will probably take some time — I don’t know how long — but it will be resolved.”

JFC, just read that again. Quake in your boots at the majesty of it. “We don’t know what the fuck is going on, but we’re positive it won’t matter in the end”.

It seems positive to me, Mr. Secretary, that your boss’s idiocy is going to get lots of your erstwhile comrades in uniform killed.

52 Likes

I don’t understand how that is supposed to work.

11 Likes

Fake Wikipedia: “US officials have described Qatar’s counterterrorism cooperation since the attacks of 9/11 as significant.”

(it’s actual Wikipedia, actually).

17 Likes

There’s not enough Preparation H on the planet to attack this giant orange hemorrhoid.

33 Likes

somewhat related

Turns out that $110 billion Saudi arms deal is fake news.

37 Likes

As we watch him descend into madness.
How long Republicans? How Long?
What will it take?
I don’t think I want to find out
This is some scary shit

27 Likes

More immediate question: if we support the blockade, does that mean we support barring food/medicine/supplies from reaching our own troops?

20 Likes

Conway: But jeez, why do you people (the media) pay such attention to his tweets?

Exhibit A.

22 Likes

Ill-advised.
Ill-informed.
Ill-prepared.
Ill-tempered.
Ill-equipped.
Ill-suited.

OK … just ill.

31 Likes

None of this makes any sense. Can someone point me in the direction of a rational explanation? I know I may be expecting too much for there to be one, but still…

16 Likes

Ho-kay we’ve had crooked Presidents before, and incurious, impulsive, mulishly “decisive” ones, but we’ve never yet had a mentally ill one provoking chaos in the international order, in diplomatic circles, in military matters, in the world economy, in everything. And we’ve never had a dominant political party playing chicken with the well-being of the world.

39 Likes

If I was Qatar, I would tell us to fuck off and give the US 24 hours to get its servicemen out of the country. We staged in Qatar for our deployment to Iraq and Qatar serves a vital role in our protection of the Persian Gulf. Not to mention the $100 million Qatar donated to New Orleans after Katrina. To castigate Qatar while overlooking the contributions of Saudi Arabia to global terrorism is laughable. Except of course that there is no Trump branded property in Qatar.

72 Likes

The Ugliest American apparently doesn’t know that this is where we have our Middle Eastern air force base located. Looks like he will have to move it to Syria and share one with Russia?

15 Likes

Self Parody indeed

10 Likes

Pro-Saudi newspapers have called for a military coup in Qatar. If it happens and succeeds, I’m sure our men and women will be popular with the locals. If it fails or never happens at all, we’ll be lucky to get twenty-four hours to clear out.

14 Likes

You nailed it. There is absolutely no one at this White House who understands anything. One more bridge burned in our national security.

14 Likes

Damn. Stop asking rational and reasonable questions… :expressionless:

4 Likes