Discussion: Trump Dances On The Grave Of The Weekly Standard

Individual 1 reminds me of a quote from Alfred (Michael Cain) in Batman:
“Some men just want to watch the world burn”.

THAT is who Individual 1 is.

5 Likes

Twitler and Hitler.

When the world was closing in, Hitler (with a “winning” smile on his face) sent 15 year-old boys East with panzerfausts (one shot only) to fight against Russian talks.

Both of 'em take “wins” when they can get 'em.

3 Likes

That was the ever-wrong John Judis who wrote the edblog piece. I expect Josh does have somewhat similar views (albeit with less of a rose-colored view of the past than Judis), but everyone holding up the Weekly Double Standard as the exemplar of sane conservatism is a bit much.

5 Likes

Anymore, that’s such a contradiction in terms that I can’t perceive any meaning in it.

2 Likes

Honestly, my friend’s 18 month old baby does more in a day.

Just what I was going to say. There’s no way he knows what the hell prognosticator means. And he would have said, “May it rest in piece.”

I’ll bet my next Social Security check that he’s never read a page of it.

This piece pretty much nails why I’m shedding no tears for TWS (though I think there’s some glossing over the damage Trump is doing to the national psyche and institutions compared to actual physical damage he’s caused).

Oh dear , Diaper Donny is such a silly little girl .

And may we all soon be able to dance on the grave of the failed Trump “presidency.”

Just came across the quote from Didion from the late 1960’s:

I remember all the day’s misinformation very clearly, and I also remember this, and wish I did not. I remember that no one was surprised.

Being that he’s an attention grabbing whore for any fame (even infamy) and any attention, I have to wonder if his presidential library will have a set up where for a fee, we the pubic could take turns pissing on his grave. I would not only pay for the pleasure, but I’d easily push past any shy blatter to do it publicly.

This is a president of the United States, jeering, senile, humorless, hateful, tossing kerosene and lighted matches wildly in hopes of setting off a conflagration that will distract everybody from his own corruption and incompetence. This is a man whose demented tweets have triggered massive instability in the markets, whose tariffs have done real damage to his white base (tariffs, not immigrants, are real job-killers), and who is in addition to being devastatingly stupid and malignant, probably guilty of something approaching treason, taking time out from his busy schedule to mock and jeer Bill Kristol.

Try an internet search to see how much gloating President Obama did when Bill O’Reilly was fired. Or when Roger Ailes was fired.

You won’t find anything. It’s not there. The man has class.

2 Likes

Always has to have the last word, the fuckwit

Who are those guys?!

1 Like

He’s going to find out by and by. :cop:

1 Like

I don’t understand why Josh doesn’t have a different font or color, or something for Judis posts.

I invariably read the whole thing, think Josh is way off the mark here, read the byline and am completely unsurprised to see that it’s a Judis Post.

I can imagine Josh not being thrilled by the demise of the Weekly Standard because it’s another reminder of the challenges facing the media industry, but there is no way he would have had as rosy a view of the Weekly Standard as Judis apparently does.

2 Likes

And the President of the most transcendent vindictive pettiness in the history of US Presidents.

1 Like

You’re totally right about the authorship; i didn’t catch it myself until way too late.

Thanks!

Yeah, Josh on Twitter had a similar broad reaction that losing the WS is generally a bad thing, but without the illusions about how nice they were.

Trump, the master of projection. The most dishonest President in history calling anybody “dishonest” is a bad joke.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available