Discussion: Trump Claims To Know 'Nothing About Wikileaks.' Let's Check The Tapes

OK media, this is your 3,925th smoking gun for a very clear lie. Maybe this time you’ll dog him with it? You know, accountability and all that shit?

Or are you just going to go all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on us again?

12 Likes

Haven’t heard that one in a long time

8 Likes

There is a tape of the 141 times he mentioned Wikileaks on the campaign trail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26hVPoCO-o

Also, he had a huge poster of Assange in his debate prep room.

11 Likes

My first thought was if there’s a news item about each thing he doesn’t know, my grandkids will take over my reading when I die.

6 Likes

Wikileaks… the “coffee boy” du jour.

(@georgial1beral was there first)

2 Likes

Every time someone says something is “absolutely” anything I figure he is either lying or has a limited vocabulary. Absolute. The word has lost all meaning.

4 Likes

“Fortunately, Trump can’t rewrite history on this issue.”

That’s only because they’re not done with their creation of permanent neofascist white Christian hegemony and their Ministry of Historical Fact hasn’t been created yet.

8 Likes

A couple of days ago, Josh Marshall wrote this about the MSM:

“You cannot rely on the mainstream press to state clearly that this is a conscious and deliberate effort by the Attorney General to validate a conspiracy theory which has no basis and to grease the skids for punitive action against the people who were involved in the investigation.”

For me, at least, this raised the question: Just what, with respect to the myriad issues of corruption associated with the entire Trump debacle, can we rely on the mainstream media to clearly explicate. And then, how can we be sure? It’s not so much a matter of lack of trust on my part, though there is some of that, as a matter of lack of confidence.

17 Likes

Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Keine. Rien. Zero. Zip.

7 Likes

Well that’s loyalty for ya!!

2 Likes

Well, not all meaning.

6 Likes

I interpreted it as him claiming he knows nothing of the case against Wikileaks. At least that’s how it sounded when I heard the actual soundbite.

Trump always was such an obvious fraud and an asshole.
One thing this latest bit of news makes clear (although everything should have been clear a long time ago to anyone paying even scant attention) is that Trump supporters are not so much dumbfucks as dishonest. They lie to themselves about Trump because he gives them a sugar high – and they get that sugar high because they are assholes. It’s a feedback loop, founded in dishonesty, i.e., assholery. So lying to others is easy. The ~40% who support him will go on proclaiming what a great man he is because they themselves are assholes, not so much because they are stupid (although many of course are profoundly fucking stupid too).

14 Likes

Roll that wonderful bean footage!

4 Likes

“Kristjen who? You mean the chick from ABBA?”

5 Likes

Lying POS.

BTW, Don, the hair today? Bad. Really bad.

8 Likes

If I’m not mistaken he is the overseer of the SDNY so he really could shut down their investigation in a similar manner to how he shut down Mueller’s could he not?

7 Likes

“I know nothing about WikiLeaks, it’s not my thing,” he told reporters Thursday.

I find that statement hard to believe, coming from a guy smart enough to name all three Mexican countries.

26 Likes

What’s worse…he’s lying or this is his dementia talking?

6 Likes
15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available