Discussion: Treasury Refuses Dem Subpoena For Trump Tax Returns

British bitch and entitled Goldman asshole. Yeah, that’s a long lasting relationship.

5 Likes

Did you all know that water is wet?

6 Likes

Because he’s a humble and private man. And if the true extent of his personal fortune were known, that Jeff Bezos is only the second-richest guy on the planet, Trump would be overwhelmed by scammers and charities looking to take advantage of him.

Because of the underhanded tactics of the New York prosecutors, he’s already lost his Trump charity, which he previously used to keep those people at bay.

16 Likes

And right next to it; it’s really quite rare and amazing to see these two together; why it’s a double breasted mattress thrasher.

21 Likes

I can’t wait until his trophy wife dumps him, and then he gets indited.

5 Likes

Often confused with the silicone breasted gold digger…

19 Likes

I bet she’s been no where near his mattress period!

2 Likes

I bet she was all over it before they got married.

9 Likes

I would suspect the goal is to get the 1924 law ruled unconstitutional and thus the request tossed. I don’t see how this can get them there, but I have to believe they are less half-assed then they look to be at this point (otherwise, I have to conclude that Darwinian selection has failed us and we’re all doomed…)

4 Likes

Depends on whether he is a money crested Mnuchin or the far more common Weak-Chinned Sunken-Chested Mnuchin. Both silicone breasted gold diggers and double breasted mattress thrashers are attracted by the money crested birds.

5 Likes

He’s more likely to dump his current trophy wife for a younger model while enjoying his freedom and stacks of dirty money.

Who’s going to indict him?

Not with this group of Dems in charge.

2 Likes

Kilbourn v. Thompson (1880) https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/103/168/

Held that since the purposed of the legislative branch is to legislate, there needed to be a legislative reason for them to do anything (exception is impeachment, which is judicial, that’s why you hear people throwing that around as one possible solution).

So it’s not limited to this one thing, it’s broadly across any of their investigations.

2 Likes

Nope. Even if this goes all the way to the supreme court and they somehow rule against him - he would still refuse. And whats going to happen? Our system has no checks against such outright criminality as we are seeing in real time.

5 Likes

The image shows Mnuchin’s response when Linton said, “Show me the money!”.

Obviously there have been thousands of investigations since Kilbourn. The bar set by Kilbourn is very low. Just about any possible legislation will satisfy the courts.

2 Likes

Yup. I expect smooth sailing and clear decisions all the way to the Supremes.

Fair enough… then file it Monday when the court opens

4 Likes

I don’t think it will make it there, because those returns are going to come out some other way, making this all moot. NY state leg is on it, for one. The NYT seems to be getting closer, through various legal means. I suspect this will end up being something of a Macguffin anyway, since we all know what they’ll show: debt, tax evasion, overdeducting and underreporting. Anything truly heinous prob wouldn’t even have made it on to the returns, needless to say.

10 Likes

Maybe it’s not the Congress he’s worried about. Maybe it’s …

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available