Discussion: To Prevent Leaks, Hall Monitors Sweep White House For Personal Cellphones

Do staffers need to get passes to be in the halls? Notes to go to the rest rooms?

9 Likes

FFS

Respect my Authoritah!!!

8 Likes

“Do you have a bathroom pass? You’ll have to go back to homeroom and get a bathroom pass from your teacher. And tuck in your shirt. You kids today, with your Intertubes and your rock and/or roll and your mp12s. Why, when I was a kid, I had to walk to school through 5 feet of snow while carrying my little sister on my shoulders and 187 vinyl records in my arms. You little bastards have it easy. And stay off my goddamned lawn!!!”

9 Likes

And whenever Kelly leaves the room he designates a trusted person to “take names.”

5 Likes

Or…now here’s a crazy thought…stop doing and saying shitty things and maybe you won’t have to worry about leaks.

Being an adult working for the WH and not being trusted to be able to carry your own cell phone? Sounds like a great place to work.

10 Likes

So, no one is allowed to talk, either? No one can leave to use the phone in the glovebox of their car? Morse code? Semaphore? Smoke signals?

7 Likes

John Kelly is just worried that someone will leak the bondage video he made with Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Miller. Kelly’s safe word is “Hail, Hydra”.

11 Likes

“Sally, stop passing notes. You just give that to me, young lady!”

4 Likes

Welcome to Spanky Middle School - cell phones will not be tolerated!

Done. No more leaks. Ever.

Wanna bet the leaks actually increase at this point? People do go out to lunch, doctor appts., school conferences. And then there’s the pesky other 16 hours per day when staffers aren’t at work.

8 Likes

Aldis Lamp

Just Pathetic
On so many levels
Just pathetic

4 Likes

It’s an old story that leakers often are fairly high level people. Cheney and Rumsfeld regularly leaked,and they even talked to people who broke stories that were critical of the Bush II administration. Kissinger was probably the most notorious high level leaker and that was an open secret. There may be leakers among lower level and mid-level people–there’s often a lot of score setting via the media, but it’s very likely that someone like Kelly is a major leaker and this is just a way to distract.

That’s what I don’t get about this “crackdown. “ Staffers can’t be gagged once they leave the White House, and they don’t even have to call in a leak. Trying to stop it will only result in an increase, because there’s little loyalty there.

Stop saying, doing things that are controversial and unpopular.

1 Like

I am put in mind of the final scene in The Conversation.

May the lot of them enjoy such bliss and tranquility.

3 Likes

Are all the office phones tapped?
Nice working environment Wot?

One For the geezers

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you’re always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away

Stop, children, what’s that sound?
Everybody look - what’s goin’ down?

7 Likes

Turn your head and cough.

2 Likes

This is why James Comey would have easily been able to wear a wire to record his conversations with Trump after he had evidence that Trump was trying to obstruct justice. He could have and he should have.

White House security would not have searched the FBI Director.

But Comey did not because he was all-in with Trump until Trump turned on him.

Some added that the draconian measures did not prevent staffer Kelly Sadler’s off-color joke about Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) “dying anyway” from leaking, the impetus of the recent crackdown.

Actually that remark was picked up by a microphone linked to the Oval Office, whereupon Trump leaked the remark to a trusted journo.
1 Like

It seems pretty clear if we contrast Mueller and his team against Spanky and his so-called team. Mueller hired professionals who are loyal to both him and to their work - the investigation. Fat Nixon can’t even ensure that his closest staffers or even his family are loyal to him or what talking heads would call his “mission”. We know they aren’t professional.

5 Likes