Discussion: The 4 Kookiest Marianne Williamson Moments From The Debate

1 Like

What The World Needs Now Is Love · Jackie DeShannon

7 Likes

Who the hell is that woman and why was she’s sucking up time from other candidates? Meeting the trump on the field with love? Gag.

23 Likes

Remember, the purpose was to sneak into everyday life, an ANTI VIET NAM WAR song.

5 Likes

She is competitive in the race for the Golden Duke for Meritorious achievement in the Crazy, though Duncan Hunter and Whip Boy are not conceding.

But, if Pyramid Ben can get a cabinet job, so can she.

8 Likes

Her answer on New Zealand was pretty kooky.

What would you prioritize in your administration’s first days?

I would make America as awesome as New Zealand!

10 Likes

Actually, it sounds like she wants to make America more awesomer than New Zealand.

(Hey, leave us out of it, we didn’t do anything!)

11 Likes

Rosalind Russell was much more convincing as “Auntie Mame”.

17 Likes

I like her ! …

She’s gonna have to beat me with her love club out on
the back 40 to get me to vote for her though …

15 Likes

No, if that was her answer, it’d have been odd but not so bad. Her priority was to call New Zealand to brag that we’ll be better than them some day. Like…ok. Just what we need: A leftwing Trump.

In her defense, she sounded kinda drunk. And since her lines sounded scripted, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was drunk along with her staff during their planning sessions too. Seriously, how did she make it to the grownup table? Girlfriend, you are so wrong, indeed.

7 Likes

Hahahahaha. Correctomundo. First saw her speak at an event on Cspan and thought, what planet is she broadcasting from?

5 Likes

Don’t get too snarky about Marianne Williamson. She isn’t my cup of tea either, but the things she says and they way she says it appeals to a lot of people. I doubt she will stick around long, but she had some pretty good moments for some ears that you might underestimate.
Anyway, Jackie Shannon is amazing, and if checkberryisgod using her to slag Williamson, well shame on you!

7 Likes

Not a fan of Williamson but tagging her as Kooky is not cool TPM. Do better.

9 Likes

“I will meet you on that field, and sir, love will win,” she said.

Chiselin’ Trump: “I say this with great respect: You’re not my type.”

7 Likes

Typical of those radicals David and Bacharach…

2 Likes

They’re too busy flogging Kamala Harris.

Hickenlooper was trying to guess how many Colorado Candy bars Wacko Williamson ate before hitting the stage!

6 Likes

I’m no fan of Williamson, but what she said about the amount of chronic illness among Americans was right on target. Why, when we debate our nation’s healthcare crisis, isn’t there more concern about the junk food in our diet, the chemicals accumulating in our bodies, and the sedentary life style that afflicts so many citizens? Her perspective, and the vacant reactions of the other candidates, sadly point to the very narrow range of voices that our system is willing to hear.

Having said that, I do admit to rolling my eyes in response to her closing statement. Maybe if she had embodied “love” in a powerful way, as opposed to coming across as stridently as Sanders regularly does, I would feel differently.

3 Likes

You need to blame Andrew Yang

2 Likes

Who does she appeal to? I’ve missed her until tonight and I can’t tell who in the world she appeals to. Readers of romance stories who think they’re real? New age flower children?

4 Likes