Discussion: Texas Plumber Files Lawsuit Over His Truck That Ended Up In Syria Battle

Discussion for article #243763

This is why you should never go shopping “outside the loop.” No follow-through with customer service.

3 Likes

Not sure it’s a $1 million dollar case, but it certainly is a case.

6 Likes

I feel for the guy, reputation down the drain… Probably never foresaw the world of shit he was getting into when he became a plumber.

29 Likes

is the gun mounted in the back dealer supplied or is it an after market add-on?

how come the NRA isn’t lobbying for that?

8 Likes
2 Likes

Take home message:
REMOVE ALL PERSONAL ITEMS FROM AUTOS YOU SELL!!

15 Likes

Free market economy…get over it. If you wanted to limit the later use of the images on your truck, you should have painted over it before you sold it.

4 Likes

Considering damages to his business, and defamation of his character, seems to me $10 million is more appropriate, or at least enough to put this asshole car dealer out of business for good. That is the goal - that is the cost of doing business when you defame and destroy someone’s business, peace of mind, and character.

8 Likes

Shouldn’t the car dealer get in trouble for providing “material assistance to terrorists?”

1 Like

Oberholtzer’s son began to remove the decal from the truck, but the dealership told him it was damaging the paint and would be taken off at a later date.

The used car dealer didn’t follow through. And now it’s going to cost him.

9 Likes

Was that cannon in the bed mounted before or after Oberholtzer sold it to the dealership?

I ask because it’s Texas.

12 Likes

It’s used on the really tough line clogs.

6 Likes

But I thought there’s no such thing as bad publicity?

7 Likes

Well now, that’s just weird. I think he actually has a good case going forward against the dealership. I hope he wins.

7 Likes

Exactly how is the “car dealer” responsible? The dealership did with the vehicle what most do…auctioned it off. At that point it had been sold by the dealer to an American interest. The car was sold by the dealer to an American company in the USA. That company did what many bulk buyers do with beat up cars or cheap models: ship them off in bulk to the third world.

They did not sell them to ISIS. Once in Turkey the vehicles were sold or stolen. The bit does not make it clear how ISIS got it but it may have been a spoil of war ( hard to sue for ) or a sale through a sale to a sale.

In any case the dealer in Huston did not sell the car to ISIS. I doubt the case goes anywhere and it’s net effect is legal fees for the original owner of the truck.

3 Likes

There was probably no contractual obligation for them to “follow through”. But come on…why not remove that decal before you take it in for sale? Unless that dealership entered into an agreement to remove those decals with a specific time ( and the original owner can document that ) to have it done “later time” is what the Judge will have to base upon and that has no specific definition.

1 Like

He didn’t sell the car to ISIS. So no.

Plumbers always suffer the most because of American politics.
I’m looking at you, Joe.

he should really be suing Joe the Plumber for making “the plumber” an obvious target for insults.

1 Like