Discussion: Tennessee's GOP House Passes Bill Targeting Voter Registration Drives

Remember Jason Kander? I hope his nonprofit organization Let America Vote jumps on this bulls**t…

1 Like

The last time this happened, people from out of the area came into the states to register people to vote. Do we need to embarrass those states by doing it again?

1 Like

Our current crop of journalist are fundamentally incapable of dealing with disingenuous actors. If you are a politician your intentions can not be questioned and only your ‘word’ can be reported. Another politician has to accuse them of being disingenuous and only then can it be reported on but only as a ‘she said he said’ way.

The right knows this and uses it greatly to their advantage.

But, but, but – John Roberts said the country had changed, and that those darned ol’ pre-clearance provisions weren’t necessary any more…

3 Likes

A few news teams have started calling GOPers out when they stray far beyond the truth, but even that isn’t the right way to deal with the problem. If people are using your broadcast to spread misinformation, you cut off their access.

Reporting both sides when one side is lying isn’t objectivity, it is spending half your time misleading your viewers.

2 Likes

Any suggestion that he’s wrong about that is just another example of ugly reverse racism.

I hate to think what would become of our country if we stopped deferring to the opinions of conservative white male Catholic elites on any and all topics.

1 Like

Tennessee is a deep dark place in our country.
you have to live there for a while to see it.
It’s like Mississippi but with a bunch, not a lot, of uppity rich white folks and those inspired to be that way.
Strange place to say the least.
Feels and sounds like the 50’s & 60’s when dealing with the public.
it’s quiet dangerous to all outsiders.
Nashville has the image for tourism but it is really dark just miles down the road in all directions.
I lived near blackburns district and it was bizzaro world to say the least.
As always
Tennessee sucks!!!.

1 Like

Just keep mentioning that we know election fraud occurs because Republicans keep getting caught doing it. See North Carolina.

Glad I’m not in the land of cotton because old times there have never changed.

Run for office. Throw the GOP out on their well-fed behinds. Send them the way of the white camellias.

Can people even come in from out of state to conduct voter registration any more? Gotta protect against “outside agitators”, ya know.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available