Discussion: Ted Cruz President

Discussion for article #234581

I’ve heard Raphael’s father speak, I don’t think he’s from anound here.

4 Likes

This was like an Aimee Semple McPherson Revival Tent meeting. Interesting note: Ms McPherson was also a Canadian-American, she was born in Salford, Ontario, Canada.

8 Likes

He is the DOMINIONIST candidate for president. Dominionism is the vile marriage between Christian theology and right wing politics in an effort to create a global Christianist theocracy.

31 Likes

“I am THE Conservative Candidate,” he said, donning a special shirt for the occasion to send a message to the other GOP contenders.

3 Likes

The vile marriage between cherry picked Christian theology, the rantings of Ayn Rand and right wing politics is also referred to as the Tea Party.

30 Likes

Ted Cruz calls shotgun before jumping into the clown car.

29 Likes

So taking away helathcare for ~30m Americans was the biggest applause line?
How very Christian.

36 Likes

Is it wrong that I’m feeling early-onset schadenfreude for the inevitable spectacular flameout of his candidacy? It’s going to be like watching a Michael Bay-directed campaign; shallow dialogue, massive plot holes, bloated budget and explosions everywhere. This is going to be GREAT!

16 Likes

Popcorn!

3 Likes

A Cruz run for the Presidency has the potential to destroy the GOP brand. Get out the lawn chairs and pass the popcorn, this is going to be fun to watch. Cruz will be the new NEWT in spouting off his mouth.

6 Likes

This guy is such a phony. Why are religious folks so easily duped by these snake-oil salesmen? Cruz doesn’t believe any of this pseudo-intellectual religious tripe he’s spewing. It’s never come up for him before his ambitions were laid bare.

And it’s hilarious that these same people whine about Obama being some sort of religious extremist, yet Cruz floats into a MANDATORY event and preaches to the crowd like he’s the Second Coming and they eat it up. Nice burgeoning theocracy ya’ got there, Rafael.

11 Likes

This is really, really bad for the GOP. He’s hated by the establishment wing of the party and beloved by the crazies. He’s going to spend the next year or so doing everything he can to raise his profile. That’s going to mean making increasingly bombastic comments, forcing ridiculous showdowns within his party and with Democrats, and introducing legislation that will be popular with the base, but incredibly dangerous to the electoral prospects of the 7 senators up for reelection in blue states. What’s more, he’ll be the type of candidate that simultaneously pushes the field to the right and the type of candidate the base will protect against any criticism from the establishment. And the worst part about it all is that when his candidacy fails, he won’t go quietly into the good night and support the nominee. Nope, his massive ego will require that he stay in the race or run third party. It’s going to get ugly, folks.

Also, we now have how many candidates likely to run? Walker, Cruz, Jeb, Rubio, Jindal, Carson, Santorum, Christie, Paul, and I’m sure I’m forgetting somebody. There will be more clowns in the clown car, crazier clowns in the clown car, and fewer debates will force the biggest clowns in the clown car to be the loudest clowns.

25 Likes

Good thing he’s got a teashirt
check out these sites
tedcruz.com
tedcruzforamerica.com
whoops

1 Like

Tea Party? Yeah, it is that but it is also mainline KKK.

2 Likes

fivethirtyeight captures the story in a headline: Let’s Be Serious About Ted Cruz From The Start: He’s Too Extreme And Too Disliked To Win

11 Likes

The Donald just had a big sad.

7 Likes

Love it. Have not heard that name in years. Great analogy. Two hustlers.

2 Likes

Yes. “Conservative.” Not small government. Enough of that b.s.

I also continue to think we should ask these people, going down the list of all it provides, if they don’t want the actual stuff in the Affordable Care Act. “Obamacare” is not really a thing. It’s an idea.

1 Like

We just took a significant step toward the genuine clown car situation. Trump is hiring people and he might just be serious, so that’d make the true clown car a reality.

3 Likes