Discussion: Ted Cruz Booed After Challenging Arab Christians To 'Stand With Israel'

Discussion for article #227542

Nom, nom, nom… POPCORN!!!

21 Likes

As a Jew, I deplore antisemitism. But if it inspired people to boo Senator Cruz off the stage, I guess it shows there’s a silver lining in any cloud.

64 Likes

He’ll get a lot of mileage out of this. Pissing off Arabs while genuflecting to Israel is a win-win for a Republican.

30 Likes

I’m thinking when Ted realized he wasn’t parroting his Dominionist
talking points to the stupids----his skin got thinner and that wingnut bubble
burst.

29 Likes

Yeah when someone doesn’t agree with our policies regarding Israel the brainless fall back position that it must be anti-semitism not that the policies are FUCKING wrong.

59 Likes

Yeah, I think he knew exactly what he was doing: piss off Arab Christians by extolling Israel and then accusing them of anti-Semitism. (Edit: Though Trumpdog makes a pretty convincing argument otherwise.)

American Evangelicals cry crocodile tears for all the oppressed Christians of the world, except for those in Palestine.

34 Likes

All I have to say is, YAY!!! for Arab Christians. You’ve made all Christians proud.

24 Likes

Save your sermon, preacher. It ain’t Sunday.

7 Likes

This was a Christian audience, and Christians are also being injured, killed and terrorized by Israeli action in Gaza. Christian hospitals receive some of the casualties - Christian and non-Christian. The senator perhaps needs to learn more about conditions involving Israel. Neither Hamas nor Israel are free of blame, but Christians in the Middle East are in the middle. See stories just from today, such as in today’s NY Times (Google “Israel Gaza” - this chat in iOS isn’t letting me paste link).

20 Likes

Antisemitism is bad, yes, but it sounds like Cruz is saying we should support Israel even if they are clearly in the wrong. It’s a kind of reverse prejudice in that he has already pre judged them as being in the right.

18 Likes

Wow. Maybe someone should point out to our elected officials that going after Sunni militants and then turning around and condemning Iran and Syria is laughably inconsistent. If we’re going to once again insert ourselves into Middle Eastern affairs, we should at least pick a side, no?

Also, religion is a web of fantasies, make-believe, and wishful thinking that more often than not results in discord and death, and it’s sickening that the people who are supposed to be running our country pay so much deference to it.

5 Likes

An anonymous Democratic Strategist…“Please,Please Please let him win the nomination”

3 Likes

Shades of Rand Paul speaking @ Howard U. Calgary Cruz learned all his moves from the Iron Sheik.

5 Likes

He didn’t know. He thought that all Christians were evangelical Americans like him who confuse their religion with their political affiliation.

25 Likes

“Anti-Semitism is a corrosive evil, and it reared its ugly head tonight.”

No, Sen. Cruz, “anti-Cruzism” reared itself at your ugly head…

21 Likes

Perhaps Senator Genius would like to inform himself as to what is going on in the Israel/Palestinian situation before making such statements

3 Likes

An unfortunate thing about this is Cruz’s apparent immunity to the shame factor. He comes to the party to become less popular.

1 Like

If you dislike Israel’s policies and deplore the conditions Palestinians are living in (mostly caused by Israel) then you hate Jews.

7 Likes

Ummm… Arabs are Semitic. So they are anti-themselves?

23 Likes