Discussion: Tea Party Anti-Voter Fraud Group Files Suit To Inspect Mississippi Poll Books

Based on his/her past trollish comments, I’m sure it’s not snark.

2 Likes

Beware Mississippi! True The Vote showed up here after the recall elections. They got copies of all the recall petitions and posted them online with the full contact information visible. (Name, Address, etc.)

That information has been used to deny people employment and to generally harass them. Anyone in the legal profession who signed recall petitions is regularly pilloried in the press.

The people of Wisconsin took advantage of their legal right to recall a politician who lied to us to get elected. But the righties don’t believe the rest of us should perform our civic duty and they’re going to make lives miserable to prove their point.

2 Likes

“Close the borders and send immigrants home”
… so does that mean you are leaving? Given that odds are that 99.9% of your Tea Party is not native to this land.

Screw the Vote showed up here when little allen West got his azz kicked by new comer Patrick Murphy - some of the tactics used by screw the vote were to occupy the voting booth as long as they could in an effort to screw the vote but it backfired and the regressives found themselves on the loosing end - once again…

little allen couldn’t even say thank you to his supporters because he trashed the hotel room in a fit of anger - the same anger you see when a person deliberately occupies a voting booth for an extended period while leaving an 86 year old lady out in the florid heat…all in an effort to throw the vote - nothing patriotic about those people,.

3 Likes

I don’t recall Gore whining at all except for the warning to dumbya “don’t get snippy.” He was a gentleman until the end.

1 Like

I love me some GOP-on-GOPeeing action!!!

1 Like

the outrage of African American electoral participation has no bounds. It is like these Repubs are attending a MS garden party and find the ‘help’ seated at their table.

4 Likes

Exactly 50 years ago, to this day, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was signed and MS continues to deal with its fears. The state didn’t ratify the 13th Amendment, which was proposed in 1865 until 1995.

By either clerical error or stupidity, the official notice was not given to the federal government until 2012. These are big issues for those Bubbas.

1 Like

As everyone except conservatives admits, “True The Vote” is a RWNJ voter-suppression group.

Nothing it does is for the benefit of the public.

I don’t think there’s going to be enough popcorn to truly enjoy this.

Wow.

Ah, “Hot Tub” Tom Delay. Them was the days!

1 Like

True the Vote professes to be dedicated to precision and accuracy in the voting process. So how come they couldn’t even be bothered to spell Honorable and District correctly on the first page of their complaint?

TTV was founded and is run by a failed far right candidate whose literacy is questionable at best.

I keep hearing this claim that MS law prohibits voters that voted in the regular primary election of one party from voting in the runoff primary election of the other party. In the suit, they appear to base this on a provision of MS law (the “intent to support provision”) that I understand was found unconstitutional by the 5th Cir. I wonder if there are any MS lawyers out there that can share their thoughts on this. Seems to me to be baseless based on what they are pleading, but I wonder if there is another, more specific statute, on point?

Talk about bad losers. It is pretty funny to watch the repugs eat each other.

What they really mean is that black folks shouldn’t be able to vote at all. Sound familiar?

1 Like

Tea Hee!

Oh!

See Chris.

See Chris Dick Voters!

1 Like

Bleach the Vote.

I got a kick out of the name of one of the Plaintiffs: Sybil Tribble. Awesome.

I believe that you have rolled two provisions up into one.

The first is that you can’t vote in both primaries, and the runoff was a continuation of the primary. That provision is enforceable.

The second is that you can’t participate in a primary unless your intention is to vote for your favored primary candidate in the general election if your candidate were to win the primary. The second provision is that one that was found to violate the Constitution.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available