Discussion: Student Filmed Confronting Native American Man Claims He’s Victim Of ‘Lies’

They were definitely out-maned.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SJPeace/status/1087428702001074176

Scroll down a little and see the picture of the priest just standing there with his hands in his pocket.

8 Likes

The MAGA hats say it all.
Anybody who chooses to wear one today is making a bold statement in no uncertain terms. Exactly the effect these kids wanted.

6 Likes

I read josh’s piece on this and it was good.

re: the Native American man approaching them - what is clear is that he was coming to try and defuse the situation and calm it all down. The multiple videos do give a clearer picture of events, but that kid should’ve backed off - and smile my aunt Fanny - that’s a smirk. an uneasy smirk, because he’s got himself in a jam with his classmates looking on, but a ‘we’re-all-in-this-together’ smile it ain’t

10 Likes

That letter was written by an attorney.

3 Likes

this

5 Likes

And any black male over the age of 10 is a “menacing black man.”

6 Likes

Think I saw that he’s 62.

3 Likes

That was in 2013. There is plenty of other interesting stuff out there about Covington. I’ll tell you that if I lived there, and I had a son who could attend that school, that kind of atmosphere and influence would make it an easy decision for him to go elsewhere.

Horrible behavior and attitudes from the students, but they got their “education” from their parents, teachers, staff, and administration, some of whom were there and did nothing to diffuse the situation. Horrible role models. I’d like to say they and their red-hatted heads disgraced their school, city, state, and this country. They’ve only made it worse in putting out their defense.

Shame on them all.

4 Likes

I read some where that the Catholic students that are at the March for Life are required to attend the event. So I guess it’s moved from a political movement to a religious movement. And what the hell are the boys, doing there? Practicing their budding patriarchy?

2 Likes

I say let’s get Covington Catholic and Westboro Baptist together for a PPV Steel Cage “Peace Match.” This world is not big enough for the two of them. Still it is always instructive to learn why religious people hate you.

1 Like

The drum beater was moving slowly through a public space. Very, very slowly. Your basketball analogy of “charging” is absurd and perhaps you didn’t watch all the videos? The kid chose to block him. Other kids moved aside. Public place, not their home gym; not their home. Public place. Asshole kids, no other way to describe them.

5 Likes

I’d give this all the “likes” if I could. The same people defending these “kids” were the ones treating Trayvon Martin (a couple of years older) and Tamir Rice (a couple of years younger) like brute thugs.

7 Likes

Two of those boys in the photo are totally painted black. Am I missing something here?

1 Like

This was their effort to make the black basketball player feel at home.

:angry:

1 Like

They were taking their cues from???
I think I must be more than a little naive, but they’re in a Catholic school that condones this?

1 Like

They were taking their cues from their parents and the school, who are just fine with that disgusting behavior.

Now it’s getting too much attention. I hope it burns them but good.

4 Likes

So, I guess this kid’s mom is really, REALLY mad that he got caught

1 Like

When you openly endorse the most egregious prevaricator of all time, you forfeit your own credibility and you don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Bingo. -And his parents quickly got a lawyer to write that statement for him -god knows he didn’t write it himself.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available