Discussion: State Dept. Has No Record Of Hillary Exit Doc Requested By RNC, Fox News

No, that won’t happen. That is, I wouldn’t put it past the GOP to pull a stunt of asking or demanding she sign one, but she won’t because she doesn’t need to because she never had to in the first place.

The secretary of state for the US is NOT “an employee”. That role is a CABINET position. The holder of that cabinet position is bound by the oath of office. A person who has been nominated to serve as a cabinet minister and had that appointment approved by the Senate then serves at the pleasure of the president and otherwise subject to IMPEACHMENT proceedings in Congress.

Meanwhile, no “employee” of any federal government agency is subject to dismissal at the pleasure of the president or is otherwise subject to impeachment proceedings by Congress.

This is not rocket surgery, folks. This is Fox thinking you all are dumb as rocks.

3 Likes

The exit form is required of federal employees—NOT political appointees who serve at the pleasure of the president.

It’s a nothing burger—with fries----and Hillary was not in the wrong.

9 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

No, you have this wrong.

Employees of federal agencies ARE called upon to sign separation forms, as a matter of routine.

The ‘others’ you appears to be considering in your wrong judgment of ‘everyone’ and ‘no one’ would appear to include Colin Powell and Condi Rice - both of whom served under President GW Bush as political officers either subject or not subject to confirmation by the Senate (Rice, before she was nominated for secretary of state, for a time served in the Bush White House in a position that was purely appointment by the president and not subject to Senate review and confirmation.).

4 Likes

Anyone ask about the 27b-6 form?

1 Like

And it had better be the LONG form.

1 Like

facts
Facts
FACTS!!

You’re making me so angry with all of these pesky FACTS!!!

Doesn’t matter. It’s essentially or functionally the same as asking someone “when did you stop beating your wife?” There’s no good answer that’s not an admission. If she signs, this immediately becomes a House perjury investigation under the false pretense of “oversight.” If she refuses and says she never even had to sign one in the first place blah blah appointee not employee something something, then she’s (a) engaging in sophistry the general public won’t understand or have patience to learn about and (b) admitting she is afraid to make those representations under oath, period. Understand right now that this has nothing to do with whether she ever had an obligation to sign it. It’s about whether the GOP/Teatrolls can damage her for refusing to sign it or make those representations under oath NOW.

“Well, we really don’t care whether you had to sign it or not…we’ve got serious questions and concerns and you could clear them all up for us right now if you’d just sign on the dotted line and give us the excuse we need to turn this into a perjury investigation accusastion.”

3 Likes

If you meant ‘slash’ 6 as in http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html, shame on you … I had to look it up and now I’m hooked!

1 Like

If Dems were smart, they would call for hearings on this and let the GOP stumble through it before declaring, “We got nuttin’” and we can’t redux in 2016.

No record of HRC brushing any of her teeth, either!

Decay, decay!!

Shorter GOP: Hillary as an appointee didn’t have to sign that form? Just like all our appointees? Golly, who knew? We thought she was a secretary!

Let’s talk about this until the GOP primary. Then we can let Hillary eat him raw.

Originally from the great movie Brazil.

1 Like

Edit:

You are correct. The White House spokesman did say both Obama and Biden will be signing that statement, but I have also read where it is optional for higher ups at State Dept. THAT is ridiculous.

Political appointees serve US. We pay them. They should be signing it and turning over docs.

And again, I was saying this does not mean squat as far as Hillary goes, I did not in any way say she was wrong on this. I just want to know why 3 SoS’s did not sign this, and why this is optional for them. This should be mandatory for anyone who works in government, including Cabinet Heads. THAT is what pisses me off, they work for us. All gov correspondence should be a matter of record.

What I was saying was that if Hillary HAD signed the statement, that would be an issue. But she did not. But it’s time to make this mandatory for ANYONE who works in gov.

You are correct, sorry. It’s still absurd that our last 3 Secretaries of State did not have to sign a form indicating they had turned over documents, etc. But apparently it’s “optional” for them. That’s ridiculous. That needs to change.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available