Discussion: Shivving Repeal, McCain Tells Congress To Return To Bipartisan Obamacare Fix

2 Likes

While I have had my differences with Senator McCain in the past (cough, cough, Sarah Palin), I fully appreciate his making his opposition to this legislation clear and not waiting until the midnight hour to do so. Regardless of the reasons, I am grateful.

26 Likes

lol, when you’ve lost the pig-castrator…

11 Likes

While Sid’s twice-weekly felchings by Lindsey will continue as scheduled per a lifetime commitment, the likelihood of receiving a Christmas card from McYertle may be somewhat diminished.

I see you misspelled “gag, heave, gag.”

13 Likes

Donald “I prefer war heroes who didn’t get captured” DraftDodger Trump’s brain is probably not wired to even consider whether picking that fight with Sen. McCain was actually a mistake.

23 Likes

It’s GOP tax reform that bothers Joni.
If “Tips” are going to be taxable, who knows what else is On the Table?

4 Likes

McCain pointed to the apparent collapse of yet another GOP-only health care bill as evidence that both parties need to work together

Shorter McCrashcup: “For the love of God, Democrats, save us from ourselves!”

And sadly, Democrats will again oblige.

[sotto voce, pianississimo] fuck you, sid mccrashcup.

3 Likes

I would have added (cough,cough, and the whole damn far right 08 campaign, cough, cough)

I liked his challenge to bush in 2000. I liked his work with Russ Feingold on campaign finance. Disagreed with a lot - but we tend to disagree across party lines, but if he holds firm (and I think he will), I will once and for all let go of the 08 campaign (just blame it on the operatives or something)… chuckling at myself - like that means a damn thing to McCain.

8 Likes

The bigger story here, and I hope it’s never lost, is that almost all of the GOP caucus is willing to vote for a POS bill that would do tremendous harm, that every health organization is against, that they can’t defend or even describe or understand, all because of… what?

23 Likes

So…is this pig crap bill dead? Or just on life support?

6 Likes

Sounds like Sen. Graham won’t pressure McCain on this:

Makes me wonder if this current effort is all a bit of Kabuki Theater for an audience of 3 (Trump, Koch Bro 1 and Koch Bro 2).

22 Likes

Tax cuts for people who have so much money. This is indeed a low point for this country. Republicans are the meanest bastards who have no morals, ethics, compassion. And that is why I will not salute the flag nor sing the national anthem.

5 Likes

Seriously. Take a knee as the clock runs out, or throw a desperate, long, near certain interception that further defiles your terrible QB’s stats?

I guess there’s the hope that McCain’s tumor will cause him to vote yes when he means no…

3 Likes

It is too early to praise McCain, but if he sticks to his guns he will have done America a great service.

Returning to the bipartisan fix is the best way forward.

11 Likes

ACA repeal has sure taken a lot of time and effort that might have been better spent cutting taxes on the wealthy.
Insanely Concentrated Wealth Is Strangling Our Prosperity

6 Likes

Comment of the week:

sfthomas • 7 hours ago
Trump wants to kill 30 million North Koreans
GOP wants to kill 30 million Americans
I think we’ve found that axis of evil !

16 Likes

The larger thing that needs to be driven home is that, regardless of the way we elect Presidents (the EC), More than half of all voters did not want to buy what the GOP and trump were selling – i.e., "repeal and replace Obamacare."

Currently, 56% of the populace wants to improve what is in place instead of this latest BS plan.

8 Likes

I’m under no illusions about what McCain actually believes regarding healthcare, but I do love it when the GOP forgets that his real political orientation is, and always will be, Cranky.

6 Likes

You da man, John McCain!

5 Likes

I dumped 3 reams of paper on the HR ladies desk where the Xerox Portland Oregon graphic designer vampire works. Where is the vampire?