Discussion: Shanahan Tries To Beat Back McCain Story: 'I Would Not Have' Ordered That

“Enough talk about that McCain guy”

1 Like

Not ordered, but strongly suggested with extreme prejudice…

13 Likes

I’m sure it will turn out to have been a typo like the Air Force’s flying penis.

9 Likes

I presume it’ll be “executive privilege” protecting the identity of the WH person who contacted the military with the request…

5 Likes

Gee, this story is getting ridiculous. I wonder if they’ll eventually “find out” that it was done by a Democrat.

15 Likes

“I would not have moved the ship, I would not have given that direction, but I did
You’ll never be able prove it BWWWAHAHAHA

7 Likes

Ooooh, I like it! Deep State Navy Sailors making shit up to make the President look bad.

21 Likes

Obama’s fault? Hillary?

6 Likes

Comey did it

9 Likes

Snark aside, totally believe that this shit passed at levels below him and he wasn’t aware. That job has a lot on its plate, individual planning for an event would have been happening at levels well below.

Snark not aside, “I’ve appointed investigators to look into this. Although I am in their chain of command, and they and their supervisors answer to me, I can assure you that their investigation will be entirely independent and trustworthy.”

7 Likes

The “Family Circus” defense.

11 Likes

Shanahan Tries To Beat Back McCain Story: ‘I Would Not Have’ Ordered That

No, you had one of your flunkies order it.

10 Likes

Fake ship. Never happened. The tarp does not exist, but it doesn’t matter because there was no ship to put it on and no name to cover up.

12 Likes

Yeah. I am certain that some Seaman E-3 Radio Operator is responsible.

5 Likes

Just a reminder to White House staff. If you hear President Donald Trump say

“Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?”

he is quoting Henry II, not making a subtle request that someone be assassinated.

12 Likes

Reminiscent of how Cohen described the manner in which Trump tells an underling to do something illegal. He doesn’t actually verbalize it, but has a mafia don’s talent for getting his point across while giving himself reasonable doubt. Either that or someone anticipated his needs -much like knowing if someone needs a cup of tea or coffee in the morning.

7 Likes

“Our business is to run military operations and not to become politicized,” he said during a press conference in Singapore.

Evidently he hasn’t lost his sense of humor. Next he’ll be saying he’s going to clean up the Pentagon’s procurement processes and, maybe, even find those missing trillion$.

11 Likes

Pretty brief response. He must’ve really wanted to get that toad glans back in his mouth quick.

1 Like

Why oh why does this remind me of “Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee.”???

17 Likes