Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

That would take an expert on administrative and federal employment law, which I am not. However, given my recollections of admin law from years ago, I doubt a new administration could change it or reinstate his pension a few years from now, because that process is meant to insulate career employee decisions from politics (ironic, I know). I believe there is an administrative appeal process available, which McCabe can pursue now. After pursuing that administrative process, he might be able to pursue a wrongful termination claim. But it’s complicated.

8 Likes

Understood. Thanks.

3 Likes

They’re thinking Hillary would have been a better choice.

11 Likes

It’s possible the pension is pro-rated, and this is symbolic only. Symbolic of what a real dick Trump is.

8 Likes

Butter emails!

5 Likes

Among who? Given that they had already painted him as a Hillary stooge based on his wife, that was already accomplished as far as the Foxbot public. For everyone else, now firing him for supposedly undermining Clinton only shows how insincere their original attack was.

Even if the DOJ can justify firing him in court, they’ve added to the pattern of petty retribution against perceived enemies that goes into the obstruction of justice file. Moreover, depriving him of his pension virtually guarantees that he’ll write a tell-all book about what a shitshow Trump and Sessions made of the FBI and DOJ, because he’ll need the money.

This is another in the long line of dick moves that will backfire.

12 Likes

100% pure s@#tbag move, there. Just… pure s@#tbag.

5 Likes

Also, Jill Wine-Banks (former prosecutor in the Nixon scandal) said that the motion filed by Trump’s lawyers to move that case to federal court is really stupid. She said to do this, they had to admit in writing that Donald Trump is, in fact, David Dennison - so they can no longer deny that Trump was involved with Daniels.

26 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Everything Trump touches dies.

3 Likes

I swear, I was thinking the same thing. Thing is, donnie has no ability to understand that, between this and his firing of Comey, he has taken on the wrath of the entire FBI and more. He is so friggin stupid, this guy. A bull in a china closet.

9 Likes

I thought we established last night that he doesn’t lose his full pension and that at this point it would just be a couple of days docked from it. To be clear, I think this is a full-on dickhead move by Sessions, but I thought that was what people were saying yesterday regarding how pensions work.

4 Likes

I think you’re right - but that doesn’t mean that discrediting McCabe’s future testimony about the Comey firing wasn’t part of Trump’s intention in the firing.

8 Likes

Yes…true. And there’s a meme for everything these days.

14 Likes

He’s not going to make it to the end of this year much less 2020. Get a hold of yourself. Every time you hear or read about campaign 2020 for trump, just fucking laugh. Ain’t gonna happen.

16 Likes

Time to put the shoulder to the plough and turnover and bury the noxious weeds that are the Trump Regime.

13 Likes

One of these is a soulless murdering ghoul, the other is Lady Dracula

10 Likes

I get your sentiment, but I doubt he needs our money.

2 Likes

We’re going to open up a can of whoop ass the likes that has not been seen since Yorktown.

(Hat tip to a favorite scene in West Wing)

6 Likes

Goddamn it! This has to end. It all has to end.

And just getting rid of Trump won’t do it. We have to get rid of all the Republicans. For a long time. And when they or a replacement party comes back, they’d better be for America and American values. Not the bastardized version they’ve created.

Fuck these guys. Fuck ‘em all.

25 Likes

Robert Mueller Van Helsing. It has a certain ring to it.

@ralph_vonholst

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available