Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

He was fully vested at 20 years as a LEO. At 21 years, he can only lose pension if convicted of a limited # of actual crimes. They were threatening his pension, not removing it. As best I know as a recent fed retiree, re losing credit for a month in his retirement calculations. They may be able to delay his receiving benefits for a bit (depends on his age which I do not know,)

ETA: If McCabe was waiting to his 50th birthday on Sunday, the early firing stops him collecting until he is 62, I think. So loss of 12 years of payouts is quite significant. (LEOs get a very good deal on pension. In comparison, I had to wait until 56 and 30 years, but I wasn’t putting my live, theoretically, on the line.)

2 Likes

as I recall, from those sprang an army of the enemy - though I haven’t read the myths since high school…but I don’t think we want the dragon’s teeth

That is a blast from the past.

I think this is why they fired him tonight, to distract from this breaking this afternoon and before it got traction. https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/16/17132172/facebook-cambridge-analytica-suspended-donald-trump-strategic-communication-laboratories

1 Like

Sessions could have gamed it depending on when he did the internal paperwork. Chances are tho that he screwed McCabe out of a month’s credit on his retirement (McCabe had 20 years full vesting already.)

ETA: see above comment on 20 years and 50 years of age.

My mouth actually dropped open in amazement watching that. This whole thing is so messed up.

1 Like

If McCabe retired at 50 years old, he would qualify for early retirement- he’d receive a pension but it would be reduced by 10% over what he would have received if he retired at 55 (2% reduction per year).

However, if he’s terminated “for cause” he cannot receive early retirement. He has to wait until he reaches the normal retirement age before he can receive a deferred pension.

2 Likes

This is why we need max turnout this year. This administration needs to be removed, and immediately put on trial.

1 Like

Yes & Yes. Immediately after firing there was a slew of tweets about sedition, McCabe should be going to prison, FBI fixing stuff for HRC etc. I didn’t look to see what was pushed by Russian bots though.

I understand your sentiment, however I always have to remember the impact of 20 years of Fox brainwashing on them. They literally don’t know better and fell for the social media bots too that reinforce their “knowledge”.

I hope so, but some are suggesting he may be out the entire pension. I thought it would keep him at 60-80%, rather than fully invested. But if the entire pension is gone, that is several million dollars over the course of his retirement.

I wish that there were a 1000 x Fuck button.

@docd

2 Likes

Hell, Adolph Fucking Hitler tips his hat to Donald Fucking Trump!

2 Likes

In that case, I hope he’s able to appeal (maybe after we elect a sane president?) and get back what he’s earned.

1 Like

This tweet is for winning or conditioning his base. It’s the “highest ranks” in the FBI that were corrupt not the regular folks in the agency. I just hope the entire FBI realizes that tRump is not their friend. This malignant narcissist is tactical so far but (hopefully) not strategic.

1 Like

Take a bow:

2 Likes

But Jason’s clever maneuvers caused them to fight each other to the death. Thus shall it be for the GOP.

2 Likes

I was thinking “brought before a firing squad”… but a tribunal will do for now.

It is a dick move by an Attorney General who clearly lied under oath during his confirmation hearings, based on a yet undisclosed report that allegedly says that McCabe lied under oath. The Media should be pointing this out to Sessions. You fired McCabe for doing exactly what you did, and you waited until Friday night at 10 PM two days before his retirement. Total Dixiecrat -Trump mean spirited, dishonest and DICK move.

4 Likes

Sessions is a lingering holdout of the pre-Civil Rights era ‘good old boy’ network. Recall what the main objections were to his nomination, among those his history of racist statements and policies.

He’ll be remembered for those. And for this, he’ll be remembered as a petty, sycophantic partisan and aging relic of a disappearing age…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available