Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

and sow dragon’s teeth.

1 Like

As much as I want Sessions to resign, if he did, Rosenstein would be fired and that woud be the end of the Special Counsel investigation.

The appropriate quote for today, courtesy of Claudius by way of Robert Graves:

Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out."

2 Likes

One of the defining features of NPD is an inability to foresee the possibility of blowback from your compulsive need for vengeance.

3 Likes

The petty nasty grotesqueness of this is just icing for the protect his grotesque petty traitorous ass cake of this action.

And how Sessions can live with himself and his petty hypocritical religious fundamental self is beyond me.

2 Likes

Thanks for that correction - I was so stunned to see the images of Flynn as a hero that I mixed up the particulars.

2 Likes

My first, and late wife of 37 years was Irish. I guess I owe her that. I already have the Irish soda bread and corned beef – flat cut of course. I have to pick up some cabbage.

4 Likes

Two words: Vindictive and Cruel.

it also depends on when Sessions did the internal paperwork, not just the public announcement.

He was fully vested at 20 years as a LEO. At 21 years, he can only lose pension if convicted of a limited # of actual crimes. They were threatening his pension, not removing it. As best I know as a recent fed retiree, re losing credit for a month in his retirement calculations. They may be able to delay his receiving benefits for a bit (depends on his age which I do not know,)

ETA: If McCabe was waiting to his 50th birthday on Sunday, the early firing stops him collecting until he is 62, I think. So loss of 12 years of payouts is quite significant. (LEOs get a very good deal on pension. In comparison, I had to wait until 56 and 30 years, but I wasn’t putting my live, theoretically, on the line.)

2 Likes

as I recall, from those sprang an army of the enemy - though I haven’t read the myths since high school…but I don’t think we want the dragon’s teeth

That is a blast from the past.

I think this is why they fired him tonight, to distract from this breaking this afternoon and before it got traction. https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/16/17132172/facebook-cambridge-analytica-suspended-donald-trump-strategic-communication-laboratories

1 Like

Sessions could have gamed it depending on when he did the internal paperwork. Chances are tho that he screwed McCabe out of a month’s credit on his retirement (McCabe had 20 years full vesting already.)

ETA: see above comment on 20 years and 50 years of age.

My mouth actually dropped open in amazement watching that. This whole thing is so messed up.

1 Like

If McCabe retired at 50 years old, he would qualify for early retirement- he’d receive a pension but it would be reduced by 10% over what he would have received if he retired at 55 (2% reduction per year).

However, if he’s terminated “for cause” he cannot receive early retirement. He has to wait until he reaches the normal retirement age before he can receive a deferred pension.

2 Likes

This is why we need max turnout this year. This administration needs to be removed, and immediately put on trial.

1 Like

Yes & Yes. Immediately after firing there was a slew of tweets about sedition, McCabe should be going to prison, FBI fixing stuff for HRC etc. I didn’t look to see what was pushed by Russian bots though.

I understand your sentiment, however I always have to remember the impact of 20 years of Fox brainwashing on them. They literally don’t know better and fell for the social media bots too that reinforce their “knowledge”.

I hope so, but some are suggesting he may be out the entire pension. I thought it would keep him at 60-80%, rather than fully invested. But if the entire pension is gone, that is several million dollars over the course of his retirement.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available