Discussion: Senate Votes Overwhelmingly To Send Russia Sanctions Bill To Trump's Desk

Donnie brags about “having his pen ready.” Use it, fatso!

4 Likes

This ought to be interesting. Mostly because I firmly believe he’s stupid enough to veto it for some petty reason or another. And to “show them *who’s boss.”

*Hint: First name Vladimir, last name Putin.

5 Likes

Anyone know who the two “no” votes were?

1 Like

WH staff have been telegraphing that since Tuesday, at least.

@marby Rand Paul and Bernie.

1 Like

Finally a real bill forTweety to sign.

Thanks (Rand Paul and Bernie make an interesting pair of mavericks, no?)

4 Likes

As odd as Kamala Harris and Rand Paul teaming up to tackle bail reform. But if it actually gets constituents’ problems solved, so much the better.

3 Likes

If he vetoes it he remains in the good graces of Vlad the Inserter.

1 Like

Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) voted against the bill, with Sanders saying on Twitter that “following Trump’s comments that he won’t recertify Iran’s compliance with the nuclear agreement I worry new sanctions could endanger it.”

BTW Trump won’t recertify Iran’s compliance with the nuclear agreement because he wants to endanger it. He wants to force them into violating it so he has a reason to go to war. Simple as that.

3 Likes

Bernie’s explanation is a reasonable one. Our current situation is so sad that it seems unusual to get a reasonable rationale for a politician’s vote.

1 Like

I don’t. But, as for the three House “no” votes, without having researched it, I say with certainty that one of them was Comrade Rohrabacher.

Turns out the no votes were Bernie and Rand Paul (someone upthread named these strange bedfellows).

No, actually, I heard that Rorhbacher was NOT one of the no votes. He said he voted for it because of the sanctions on N. Korea and Iran.

2 Likes

According to UPI,

In response to the House vote, Putin accused U.S. lawmakers of insolence and said Russia would respond if the U.S. Senate also approves the legislation and President Donald Trump signs it into law.

“It’s impossible to endlessly tolerate this kind of insolence towards our country,” Putin said. “This practice is unacceptable – it destroys international relations and international law.”

Insolence? Fuck you.

This will not end well for the puppet in the White House.

1 Like

Natasha and Boris are being sent back to Moscow. Mission failed.

So the guy who looks mouth looks like a busted ass hole when he opens his mouth now has to sigh the santions on Russia.
That’s righ dpey donald you are not Americas little bitch.

Thanks, but I was referring to the three “no” votes in the House, not the two “no” votes in the Senate.

got it now . . .

1 Like