Discussion: Senate To Vote On Christopher Wray, Trump's Choice For FBI Director

1 Like

That last sentence should read “Hid Christie’s cell phone until the investigation was over.” Not too crazy about this guy, but I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that the compliant GOP Senate majority will vote him in. Good luck, counselor, you’re going to need it.

4 Likes

I hope he can see his way clear to doing his fkng job.

4 Likes

That confirmation vote should have come with an automatic recusal from interfering with Mueller.

Nothing less should be tolerated by the Senate, no matter how compliant otherwise.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’d do that just by Mueller giving him the stink eye.

1 Like

OT-

Shot across the bow.

3 Likes

I remain wary that something’s awry with Wray.

3 Likes

Another poisonous fruit from a disgusting, poisonous tree.

I will eat @beattycat 's hat if he actually proves to be anything other than a lackey.

2 Likes

They should be saying ‘removes’, not ‘fires’. Don’t want him shuffling Sessions over to DHS, after all.

2 Likes

I was listening to a left radio station and they were saying that no democrat should have voted for Wray. I don’t see any difference between them and the tea party people. Their way or no way, they are right, everyone else is wrong, there is no middle ground where people can agree on anything. He was saying that white people had been seeing black/brown people taking jobs away from them and now are mad about it. I find this is ridicules, when the angry working class is not just white but includes everyone. If the left really has this attitude they don’t deserve to win in 2018, the party is not about “groups” against each other. It should be about jobs, healthcare, education, security, etc, stop trying to identify which group that would be benefited or harmed, just identify the people who will be helped.

Thank you a lot for this link. Feinstein has been my senator since she was first elected in the 90’s, before that was my mayor for many years. I admire her tremendously, and this is part of the reason why I do.

2 Likes

Shit… that would actually be a reasonably shrewd move to bag Sessions out of AG, and placate the Senate Republicans by not firing their former colleague.

At least we don’t have to worry about Trump making any smart moves.

John Kelly. We have to worry about John Kelly making smart moves. Outside of resigning, of course.

1 Like

I agree with her points however it is a toothless threat until a Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell Makes it regarding anything at the congressional level.

Even then its an empty threat until they act on it.

The democrats only power at the moment is to speak up in an effective way. Only when Republicans feel politically threatened will they act.

I’m sure at this point they’d be fine to sacrifice Trump but they cant figure a way to do it without the hurting themselves with the base for killing Cheeto Jesus and basically admitting out loud they have been supporting and protecting Lying, treason, grifting… tje list goes on.

On the other hand they have to cut him loose or they’ll suffer the same fate.

1 Like

He’s now signed up twice tp work for Trump… do we really have to worry? :wink:

It’s toothless only because Feinstein is in the minority (for the time being) party. She’s been around a long time and I think she has the respect and support of some of the Rs who have also been around a long time. They cannot yet be so bold in their statements, but they are listening for signs that it’s okay to begin the processing of jettisoning him. If he moves to remove Mueller that could be a step in that direction and PP doesn’t realize that. Or maybe he’ll finally the heat and volunteer to leave the kitchen.

I think we are the same page here.

1 Like

You’ll probably also agree that we all feel the same way about what would have happened six months in if another president had been acting the same way. Congress would have had their complacent asses in gear after two months of this treason. For me, that’s the underlying burn in this so-called presidency.

1 Like

She wouldn’t have had to act in a similar manner at all… just look at the Benghazi business…

1 Like

Confirming this guy is a huge mistake. Trump has made it clear he wouldn’t have chosen him if he wasn’t going to do what he wants.