Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

I’m sure. Good grief. Tangled web doesn’t even begin to explain it.

(I actually have a vacuum cleaner that’s made in Germany. Love it.)

2 Likes

The more I think about this new leak about Sessions the more I think it came from the WH. It originated with Russian intel. I think it’s another push on Sessions to resign.

3 Likes

That seems to be the convential wisdon right now. No wonder Trump saw it coming and stepped back.

Oh, he is in a manure field, but he stepped back momentarily.

That’s OK–Someone will spill the beans.

1 Like

He does have a way with words. :smile:

1 Like

‘…the most un-believable vacuums…’

1 Like

Trump is loyal to no one but Trump. He will not save Sessions. Sessions should everything. He has nothing to lose. His career is kaput.

Or, it could be the IC relentlessly keeping the pressure on the “treason weasels” - no weekends for you, quislings!

(h/t to the “treason weasel” author

1 Like

That’s what I thought but I’ve been watching MSNBC and according to them this was Russian intel.

But the possibility of him being indicted for something and not pardoned?

You mean Russ-intel leaked this to WaPo?

Plea deal ? Sessions knows a lot.

3 Likes

That’s what I heard yes. That Russian intel picked up the conversations.

@chelsea530 - I just heard a conversation about both of those things - pardoning himself, he can’t - and if he can be indicted - yes. There is NO law that says he can’t. Leon Jaworski came up with that when the Grand Jury wanted to indict Nixon. Leon told them they couldn’t but there is nothing to back that up legally.

He’s screwed.

1 Like

You very well may be right, but…

What i saw with Kornacki implied that our IC monitored Kislyak reporting back to bosses that he & the Elf had an ‘encounter’.

3 Likes

Betweeen kisylak openly laughing at us and the intel leak it sure is a tangled web. But I can barely picture even people as stupid as the Staff of Lice taking a chance that sessions won/'t inform to save his butt.

2 Likes

Russia looking for its payoff and is turning the screws on Trump? Does the WaPo piece attribute this to U.S. or foreign intelligence?

Ben Wittes

1 Like

Ours

I will just say that I’m watching MSNBC, talking to y’all, having an email conversation with my goddaughter who just got married and I’ve got people sending me PMs.

You could be very right.

Edited to add - I just got a PM with an NYT story in it that Trump likely leaked this new Sessions info so yeah I was right.

2 Likes

T -

you sound like Maggie Haberman’s twin sister!

(terrific profile on New Yorker site)

Cheers!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available