Discussion: Senate Committee Approves Pompeo Nomination For Full Senate Vote

2 Likes

From Reuters:

The committee approved Pompeo’s nomination on a party-line vote, with all 11 Republicans backing him, nine Democrats opposed and one Democrat, Chris Coons, voting “present” because of Senate procedural rules.

Yet another overwhelming vote of confidence.

Anyone know why Coons didn’t just vote against the nomination? He’d already announced his opposition.

Hell, it doesn’t matter as McTurtle already made the whole process nothing more than kabuki anyway.

10 Likes

“Only a last-minute switch from Kentucky Republican Rand Paul — whom Trump called before the vote — enabled Pompeo to win committee approval.”

Groucho: “Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them, well…I have others.”

19 Likes

Holy War or Bust!

4 Likes

Ah, Rand, you’re just as brave as you are principled.

8 Likes

People always get it wrong when it comes to libertarians. They don’t have principles. They have principals.

Easy mistake to make.

9 Likes

Ah, Libertarians–the party of the easily swayed.

5 Likes

Llibertarians
“me for me – and all for me”
“let me hear it for me”

5 Likes

People of honor, knowledge and wisdom need not apply (coz we don’t like smart people who know when to tell us what we musn’t do).

2 Likes

Well, isn’t that special?!?

Don’t say we didn’t warn ya when all hell breaks loose and things go boom.

6 Likes

Libertarian principles are a lot like Unitarian theology.

So there are NO GOP Senators with a shred of integrity.

Surprising?

Rand has sure changed his tune on Spanky since that ol’ golf outing they had, just the two of ‘em.

1 Like

It’s being reported tonight that there may be a problem with Doctor/Admiral Jackson’s appointment as the new VA Chief. Something about a drinking problem and/or a history of over prescribing addictive drugs. Makes perfect sense. That’s the only kind of doctor that Trump could ever fool into thinking he’s is perfect health and has a superior mental capability.

All of Trump’s associates are drugged out?

2 Likes

A guiding “principle” of those on the right: “Anything that isn’t nailed down is mine, and anything I can pry loose isn’t nailed down.”

1 Like

You read Jill Wine-Banks’ mind (She was on Lawrence O’Donnell’s show tonight.) The CBS report that just broke says that Jackson cultivated a hostile work environment, had a problem with drinking on the job and dispensed meds inappropriately. Jill’s response, “Well, if the doctor was drunk, I could understand how he said that Trump was in excellent health.”

4 Likes

This explains his assessment that Trump is in good physical health. He was drunk when he did the exam.

2 Likes

Good lord

4 Likes

I really don’t think Paul was swayed to flip flop. I just think he knows this little fake principled stance gets him attention and makes him look mavericky. Like Collins*. He’s not but a lot of people fall for it each and every time.

(*yes, I know she voted not to confirm Pruitt but on the whole she’s a Party liner too).

trump wants immigrants extreme vetted yet can’t even do the same for a person chosen to lead the Dept. of Veteran Affairs. How sloppy.

What a shit show.

1 Like