Discussion: Sen. Perdue Poo-Poos Threats To Stop Filming In GA After Extreme Abortion Law

Movie goers should keep track of what gets ilmed where.

2 Likes

Yep. Seems that a record of success for the tactic is more persuasive than your surmises. Shocking, just shocking how liberals can be influenced by facts. Clearly shows bias.

Why do you keep ignoring the threat the these laws pose to.the lives of women who come from.out of state to work on these films?

2 Likes

Yeah, well a puddle of shit has a lot biological diversity too

2 Likes

Your mistake is believing that gopers want to end abortion because of some deep seated religious belief when in actuality it’s a financial interest.

Must keep the slaves breeding, who else will do all the domestic work and hard laborious jobs?

1 Like

No, I know it has nothing to do with their religion. It’s all to pull in the voters that believe in it. Watch this Chomsky clip. He has a good clear explanation of why republicans and democrats push what they push. The abortion part is at about 4 minutes in. You can spend this clip up to 2x and still understand Chomsky pretty well.

1 Like

Trump could shoot a movie on any one of the 3,000 “Peachtree” streets/avenues/boulevards/lanes in GA and he’d never lose a vote.

Time, flat circles, and all that.

David Purdue is one of the most idiotic apologists the GOP Georgia has; he likely has no personal opinion about woman’s reproductive rights vs the state passing and enforcing this abominable violation of health and privacy, if he does its malleable. What he does know is that a lot of the white evangelicals that constitute his base in Georgia identify outlawing abortion as their major goal. For greasy corporate tool’s like Pure-doo it’s solely a means to an end, staying in office.

In fact the GOP (thanks to Karl Rove) has been spending decades baking this resonant grievance into rural southern white people. So of course he’ll minimize the economic fallout to the state’s various industries. And let’s face it, if so called conservative’s in Georgia worry about facing the actual consequences of this pseudo christianist-fascist statute, they likely won’t have to deal with it anyway, as they can send their daughters or wives out-of-state for the procedure. If the courts overturn it, at least they tried and further cement the white-right’s loyalty to them, if the courts uphold it which may be likely now if it gets to SCOTUS, then they “triumph”
win-win

It’s poor people who will suffer from it, it always is. And down in Georgia, poverty is viewed as a punishable defect in character, especially if you aren’t white.

1 Like

You want to find scenery and extras similar to Georgia? Hell, even Southwestern Wisconsin could work for a Squidbillies shoot! Seriously, without landmark architecture, Louisville could be a stand-in for Atlanta. Film makers, just kick the Georgia dust from your shoes and GTFO!

Wisconsin farmers, both Trump voters and normal people, will be taking a beating, as prices for their diary products, corn, and soybeans tumble due to the Candycorn Skidmark’s tariff war with China! Many farmers have loans out for seed, fertilizer, and equipment, that are riding on selling the crops.

The purpose of the boycott IS TO HURT GEORGIA. The idea is for people who get hurt to get after their elected officials. The swine in the Georgia legislature who put the ban on abortion out there need some hurting. People have to get registered and then vote Democrat!

How about stop buying Coca-Cola products?

1 Like

So all the people that are fighting against this…you just throw them out as well? Did you even read my comment??? You are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Its just utter stupidity. You are only HELPING the people that wrote the God Damn Law!!!

They’re not the only hub in the hub ; - )

Just guessing here, but probably not quite as much as the entire state of California.

It is true, of course, that puddles of shit have a good deal of biodiversity, as well as a good deal of value, if allowed to return to the natural environment. Something about microbes, soil and earthworms, but I digress.

Sen. Perdue Poo-Poos Threats…

Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) poo-pooed filmmakers’ threats

I was first thinking that this was one of the more unfortunate spelling, um, “glitches” that infect the prose of TPM’s writers (including its editor in chief). But on second thought…

Somehow I don’t think letting the shit puddle running our country continue to do so would eventually produce anything but more oderous shit

Odorous.

I would normally not mention it, but, well, this.

Glass houses and all.

Yeah yeah.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available