Discussion: Sen. McCaskill Complied A List Of Things We No Longer Need Male Opinions On (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #242680

Ethics in gaming journalism!

8 Likes

Ethics in gaming journalism?

1 Like

Now she’s trying comedy? Back out to the pasture sweetheart.

3 Likes

OK…I agree. Oh and ‘red cups’ without a Christmas Tree on them.

11 Likes

And frankly, I don’t think we need to hear anymore about the little blue pill for erectile dysfunction or their affinity for reverse mortgages either…

30 Likes

Things we no longer need Senator McCaskill’s opinion on - The Keystone Pipeline.

19 Likes

This is true.

A question put to me several years ago by a woman friend - Why is it that middle aged men know everything?

The response to that question even after many years remains elusive.

12 Likes

Wow. Misogynistic and Patronizing at the same time.
I’ll bet you are real popular with the guys down at the bar.

14 Likes

…unless Darcy was being snarky…

Snark or a dose of the real you…?

1 Like

The real me. Moo!

But thanks for offering the option.

Haha…I was all ready to rip into this and then my sarcasm-o-meter kicked in LOL…phew…close one…

4 Likes

Sean Hannity screams: “what if a man said these things” in 3…2…1

3 Likes

Yep…being a gamer who likes to look at some gaming journalism sites now and again, I saw the fallout (pun intended) from this woman gaming journalist’s or blogger’s posts/rants about sexism in gaming. You know, what you’d expect…not enough female main characters, female characters being reduced to slutty big-bewbed, scantily dressed depictions and vapid window dressing, etc. All of it true. Well, let me tell you, if you’re looking for something to help you confirm your suspicions that the intertubez are in fact the devil’s toilet, then start Googling that nontroversy (often called “GamerGate”), because Reddit and the comment boards on gaming sites went completely batshit fucking crazy…even people who were “journalists” on those sites. The misogynistic reaction that lady earned from the rabid basement-dwelling neckbeards who still live with mommy and brag about the frames per second their PC rigs can output was so utterly insane, caustic, virulent and beyond the pale that everything she had said to criticize misogyny in the gaming industry and community was proven tenfold. She even received threats. It was jaw dropping.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must get back to exploring Boston in Fallout 4 haha…

11 Likes

I can only imagine the outrage if a man made a similar list.

4 Likes

Kinda sorry that abortion didn’t make the cut.

11 Likes

I think they kind of already do in the form of legislation on abortion, birth control, parental leave, etc…

8 Likes

Why? You’d prefer men like me who vehemently support a woman’s right to choose remain silent?

1 Like