Discussion: Sen. Grassley Implores Trump Not To Let McGahn Go

1 Like

What weird framing. “You can’t let that guy quit”. Does Grassley consider McGahn to be some sort of indentured servant, or is this just abject fear speaking?

13 Likes

Bro-crush?

3 Likes

Who does Grassley see as the replacement? Someone signaling bad news for the GOP in the midterms? Someone who’ll signal Trump expects impeachment?

4 Likes

Why?

3 Likes

I imagine they see McGahn as a sobering influence. He’s pulled Trump back from the cliff, according to his own leaks, at least, more than once.

21 Likes

McGahn gets the judicial court appointment work done. That’s a simpler explanation than “Grassley suddenly cares about the republic.”

22 Likes

I miss Bruce Braley

McGahn seems to have been one of the most effective instruments in preventing legal self-harm (which is not surprising, since that’s sort of his job).

4 Likes

Both

3 Likes

Yes, that’s one half. The other half is that virtually no one in the Senate wants to deal with the aftershock of a Manafort pardon — the bomb McGahn’s replacement is being hired to set off.

@jtx

13 Likes

So we have at least Grassley, KAC, Giuliani, and McConnell, all shouting various forms of ‘NO, DON’T PUSH THE BUTTON’ or ‘Of course he won’t press that button (nervous laughter)’ within about 24 hours of each other.

I bet this week is going to get dumber in the next few days.

12 Likes

Superannuated former farmer says what?

Maybe this is some kind of complex signalling, but I vote for “Grassly thinks trump cares about Grassly”.

3 Likes

If only there were a way for Congress to ensure Mueller doesn’t get fired…

Too bad our 2 equal branches of government don’t leave any room for toadie sycophants in the legislative third branch to do actual oversight. :rage:

4 Likes

Yep, he’ll be forced to ask him to stay. (If Don McGahn CARED about his Country, he would Stay and do his GREAT JOB!) Where’s John Kelly these days?

1 Like

And, now it’s a full week and Spanky hasn’t commented on his CFO cooperating with prosecutors.
Spanky didn’t even fire the guy!
What gives?
STRANGE!
Maybe McGahn has been holding Spanky’s iPhone.

1 Like

Maybe, but one problem with this theory is that this is Grassley we are talking about–not exactly Corker or Flake–not someone that seems that concerned with “the cliff”.

1 Like

Grassley formed a complete sentence?? Wha??

2 Likes

Well, take the cap off the bottle…

FIZZIES!!!

With T-rumpp, that’s always a safe bet.