Discussion: Second Wisconsin Judge Blocks Some Of Lame-Duck Laws Pushed Through By GOP

1 Like

Could a legal argument be made that when voters go to the ballot box, they are making a choice to grant authority to their desired candidate, and changing that authority after they’ve already voted essentially changes the nature of their votes.

9 Likes

Evers last week ordered Kaul to withdraw from a multi-state lawsuit arguing that Obamacare is unconstitutional. The governor also removed 82 appointments that his predecessor, Republican Gov. Scott Walker, made during the lame-duck session.

Love to hear this.

Republicans don’t care. Republican-appointed judges don’t care, either. Interesting take though.

4 Likes

Uhmmmm
Try to tell that to Merrick Garland

4 Likes

The governor also removed 82 appointments that his predecessor, Republican Gov. Scott Walker, made during the lame-duck session.

So, he let them go? No, he just “fixed the glitch.”

2 Likes

Yes, one can make that argument.

What you’re saying is that, if the will of the people can be discerned, then legislators who wish to defy it must offer a very good reason.

To your credit, you would make the same point if the parties in Wisconsin were reversed – which is exactly the kind of soft-headedness that Republicans have shown themselves to despise!

3 Likes

Do I hear the faint echo of “rule of law” rising in the background?

5 Likes

I’m so pleased to see that the GOP has not (yet) succeeded in completely packing the judiciary with Federalist Society stooges. On, Wisconsin!

4 Likes

Wondering … why did no one file a lawsuit against McConnell’s obstruction of Garland’s appointment? The failure of the Senate to “advise and consent” seems unconstitutional. I’ll bet Republicans would have sued had the Democrats pulled that stunt.

The Wisconsin/Walker Republicans have been rat-fucking whenever they can get away with it since 2010. They went to every length to fix a permanent majority while they held all 3 branches. Now that it’s broken down on them they deserve to have the rats blow up in their…faces.
2 courts have found separate but not conflicting flaws in the lame duck session actions. Let them take it as far as they want on appeal and give them enough rope.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available