Discussion: Scott Jennings’ PR Firm Played Big Role In Phillips-Sandmann Spin

They’re swift boating Phillips too, all kinds of stuff out there about his military record being lies and that’s all you need, of course. Discredit him and everything else is justified. For those who want this thing justified.

It’s really a terrible time. The adults involved, well, we already knew about them. But the fact that these are young people makes it even more disheartening. A whole new generation of pig people, and we kind of knew that from Charlottesville too, but there are soooo many of them.

Time to drive old Dixie down again? It doesn’t seem there’s anything else for it.

2 Likes

Once Mitch McConnell and one of his sycophants got involved you know there is more to the story and still doesn’t explain the smirk on this kid’s face.

2 Likes

I don’t think any of the MAGA boys’ actions can be excused because of the Black Israelites. While annoying and vulgar (as anyone who walks by them in any large city knows they always are), but the Black Israelites weren’t physically threatening or even approaching the MAGA boys. I think Josh had a good take on this aspect of the incident -

A Native American group (The Indigenous People’s March) had marched to the Memorial earlier in the day. Later a group of teenage boys from a Catholic High School in Covington, Kentucky were also there. They were in town for the March for Life, an anti-abortion march. They had apparently congregated at the Memorial as a staging point to wait for buses to leave. While these two very different things were happening, there was a third much smaller group of so-called “Black Israelites” – maybe half a dozen men – who had been there seemingly for most of the day haranguing both groups. One video I watched from earlier in the day shows the Black Israelites haranguing the Native American marchers for “worshipping totem poles” and in other ways needing to repent to God.

I’m not sure how common they are in other cities or parts of the country. If you live in New York or DC or Philadelphia you’ve probably seen them. They’re mainly known for a form of very aggressive street preaching, often combative and using racial epithets. They are often and not-unfairly viewed as a cult. In a later interview, Phillips said they reminded him of the protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church, the ones who used to go to the people’s funerals and rant hateful things about gay people. That’s a pretty good analogy.

8 Likes

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We’re off to Never-Never Land

1 Like

Smells like… ripe #MAGA

1 Like

‘At first appeared to show a MAGA hat-wearing teen disrespectfully crowding the space of and smirking at a Native American man.’ No, not ‘at first,’ damn it. None of the several videos changes the original narrative. See Josh’s post from yesterday. End of story. Come on TPM!

5 Likes

That little Libertarian punk bastard Thomas Massie-R KY 4th district that includes Covington, spun this very message just yesterday.

late: Massie also said he was proud of the boys behavior.

3 Likes

Sanders is horrible.

That said, this directive makes me wish that American students were twice as versed in Western Civilization (especially after the Industrial Revolution) as they are.

We should have beat this fucker by 50 states in 2016. The fact that it was close enough for the Russians to rig should have told me that we were in grave danger as a society.

Right now, I would settle for crash courses…because the Game Plan for Dictators is for them to be above the law.

NB I am a bystander on legalities…which is frustrating in a struggle that would have the Law as the only thing that can check and remove Drumpf. However, I have lived in dictator-driven countries and dictators are difficult to remove.

6 Likes

What is really interesting here is the amount of sock-pupetts and new accounts that popped up overnight on most major news sites and blogs to promote the same talking points defending these kids. Several blogs over at Pathos where inundated with people who had never commented on those blogs before all chiming in to spin this. Same thing on Reddit too. It was a strange mix of ‘concerned liberals’ accounts and admitted alt-righters.

I know we live to make Russian jokes, and Russia defiantly is doing this too, but this company was American and I think we tend to overlook the rot that is going on here in favor of just blaming Russians. It really is begging the question of how much of the online alt-right movement is being pushed by paid trolls though.

7 Likes

Brand management, not for the family, but for the MAGA brand. The PR firm may have been retained by the family, but dollars to donuts they’re primarily being paid by someone else.

5 Likes

Getting this PR firm to advise was a wise and prudent move. Rather than jumping to conclusions and making a moronic fool of themselves, they got professional advice.

They left the “making a fool of themselves” to left-wing self-hating progressive losers. They are now eating crow, and sound stupider by the minute.

The MAGA cap is the new KKK hood. That’s all I need to see to know the truth.

5 Likes

Spin, spin, spin the smirk says it all.

Those types of smirks seem to becoming a REPUG trademark, think about all the REPUG officials you know and just how many had “The Smirk”.

W,
Former TN Governor,
to just name two…how many can others add.

2 Likes

This account:

is an even-handed and thoughtful discussion of how jumping to conclusions, which is the predominant approach of TMP commentators, is often a foolish thing to do. It discusses, in a sensible way, how learning more about a situation changes your views.

Of course, if you’re a librul in the DemoBorg, you double down on clueless bleating. Sad.

The demeaning “tomahawk” hand gestures along with war whoops is the school spirit song and dance for the Covington Colonels…oh, wait…

6 Likes

MAGA = Making Adolescents Get Attorneys

This kid is a Kavanaugh-in-training. Parents bailing out entitled prick. I doubt it is the first time and will probably not be the last time.

FWIW - I went to a non-selective, very low tuition, co-ed Catholic HS run by nuns. There was none of this Lord of the Flies BS. Maybe it was because we were co-ed, or run by nuns instead of priests or brothers, or that is was affordable to anyone - there were kids of factory workers and business owners, judges, police and firefighters, etc. It wasn’t fancy and we weren’t elite, but most of my classmates did well for themselves whether it was to a job, military, or a 2 or 4 year college (including some Ivies).

7 Likes

Where do you think these little shits learned this behavior? It’s hardly innate knowledge; hate has to be taught, as a wise man once wrote.

8 Likes

notice how white the crowd is at a any CovCath event? How is that possible, when Covington County is 11.2% african american?

“Extended video has muddied the story, as it backs up student Nick Sandmann’s claim that he was approached by Omaha elder Nathan Phillips, not the other way around.”

From the article.

Really funny. The extended video has not “muddied” the story. It has “muddied” the librul line, fer sher. Now, libruls have to admit that “backs up student Nick Sandmann’s claim that he was approached by” the Indian guy.

It’s clear who the aggressor was. Now we know, certainly, that it was the Indian guy. The Indian guy says he moved in to defuse the situation. That’s likely true. BUT HE WAS THE ONE MOVING IN.

In basketball, a charging foul is assessed when a person holding a position is run over by the other player.

The Indian guy gets the charging foul.

And all the librul bleating and whining and kvetching and moaning will not change that.

You know if these kids were Black or Latino-they would be called thugs but because they re white-you can figure it out from there.

A crucial point.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available