Discussion: Scott Jennings’ PR Firm Played Big Role In Phillips-Sandmann Spin

This? This is the account that gets suspended for posting a misleading video in an attempt to manipulate public opinion?

I knew twitter management had no public credibility, but that’s an epic troll.

6 Likes

Not only is it totally weird if not totally unacceptable that an advisor to McTurtle is also a columnist at his home newspaper, but it should give a lot of people pause because being a political hack and being allowed to use a paper to advance one politician’s personal agenda should be a direct conflict of interest by anyone’s standards. I do hope every time he posts at the Courier Journal they identify this guy as McConnell’s advisor and on his payroll, at the very least.

Even tRump has gotten in on this matter:

Not even a both sides thing on this one for the Idiot Pr*sident. Pure support for a bunch of disrespectful, ill-mannered, MAGA wearing teens because red-hatted white boys are all that matter to this asshole. In his simplistic, empty-headed mind, he needs no other facts to inform him beyond the visuals.

There’s another video that got yanked by Covington, but is still on Youtube that shows the kids in black-face at a sporting event. In all fairness, it also shows a white out event, where the kids wear white and some other themed events where they color their faces to whatever the theme is they’re rallying around at their school.

Here it is before they yank this: (its another PR thing to show they weren’t being racist I guess). Did Scott Jennings have anything to do with this I wonder…

4 Likes

I watched all videos and I still see a young man standing in front of a native American who is beating a drum, and the young man has a smirk on his face. If he was trying to stop what was happening he would have helped the man leave the area for safety reasons. Not buying the young man’s story. We have eyes and can see what happened for ourselves. Did not look like the young man was praying to me. I think that maybe the HS where these students go to maybe should look at themselves in what they are teaching, and tolerance for others doesn’t seem to be on the agenda. Of course the parents of these HS students really have the responsibility on what they are teaching their children.

21 Likes

Gee, this really does a lot for the kid’s credibility, doesn’t it?

Reinforces the smarmy, privileged white kid protected by Daddy’s bank account from any consequences for his actions.

We’ve been down this road before.

How come they are always Gooper kids???

9 Likes

I watched the whole thing yesterday, and what’s creepy is the lock-step behavior of those boys.

Heil Hitler.

15 Likes

We are working with the family to skew the story as much as possible says

PR firm RunSwitch, co-run by adviser to Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) Scott Jennings

McConnell never said peep about this whole incident as far as I could tell, until now. Think he had anything to do with this PR firm getting connected to the family besides probably paying them?

5 Likes

It doesn’t. And Sandmann’s “story” sounded way too turd polished to be from a high schooler. Our school chants my ass.

18 Likes

I guess we should be glad that the White House and Sarah Sanders have retreated from the hot kitchen. Telling.

13 Likes

I’m most disturbed about how the adults, chaperones, or parents are nowhere to be seen…and why they aren’t around intervening in this matter in order to show the kids how better to handle the situation and use better judgement. It was a teachable moment for all of them and they blew it. These kids were allowed to show their bullying behavior and disrespect without anyone correcting them on how wrong they were to do so.

18 Likes
25 Likes

It’s obvious that that’s the “lesson” they’ve already been taught, and they’ve learned it well.

And one just like them is sitting on the Supreme Court.

15 Likes

Why is he wearing David Byrne’s suit from Stop Making Sense in the photo?

1 Like

Yes, the photo (and maybe the suit too) make him look a lot larger than he looks when he’s on CNN

This video is amazing. The school is teaching these young men how to be a mob. Their behavior reminds me of the Nazi salutes at the Baraboo, Wi high school photo shoot. Both are a stark contrast to Stoneman Douglas High School students.

13 Likes

The “adults” responded to this by hiring a pr firm to spin things to clear the kids, so it seems doubtful that they would have intervened in a beneficial way even if they had been present.

9 Likes

Well of course. If there is one thing that blatant white privilege needs, it’s a professional PR firm.

12 Likes

In the long video, which I watched a bit of, I saw a man come up in front of the group to get them to move back from in front of the black protestors. Don’t know who he was.
I hope this whole bloody PR thing blows up in their faces. And, the petition that was started to send to the school making demands now has a counter petition supporting the kids from the school. You can read some of their comments about the kids doing nothing wrong.
As I said on another thread sending teenaged boys to a march against women and reproductive rights is about as stupid an idea as I can imagine. What the hell do they know about any of it? And, to send them with their MAGA attire just fueled the flames.

16 Likes

Sick stuff. Its almost like this has reignited all of tRump’s nazis, goobers, crackers and KKKluckers with a cause to rally around.

This is what his 2020 campaign will also look like in case anyone’s wondering. More of the same only louder with more rump degenerates taking center stage…particularly as he peels away even those that could no longer stand some of his other shitty antics over the last few years, i.e…tRump’s shutdown, tax giveaways to the 1%, trillion dollar deficits, trade wars that bankrupted the family farm, possible recession, etc.

11 Likes

Who are you going to believe your own lying eyes or McConnell’s PR Firm. The extended video really doesn’t muddy anything. Whatever happened prior does not change what that kid and his classmates did. The original video pretty much says it all.

7 Likes

I thought they were at a competing right-to-life rally. There were several different rallies at the Capitol that day to my understanding. No?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available