Discussion: Scott Brown: Secure The Border Because Ebola!

And he might get there. Based on…parroting stupidity, apparently?

And an embargo on exporting ladders to Mexico!

(firearms are still fine, tho)

So, I guess when your outright lies about being pro choice have been revealed, by a look at your voting record on this issue when in the Senate, the next desperate choice of a losing CON candidate is to scare the hell out of their brain dead voters, by professing that Ebola is running rampant in Mexico.

Oh, I know. I live in the next state over. This man changes positions more often than the flag in a breezy day.

1 Like

To be a Republican is to be afraid, very afraid.

Ebola is the new Brown person. And it is coming to jack up your healthcare costs and get on welfare.

So glad Scott Brown is out of MA but please keep him out of NH too.

I smell a strong whiff of DESPERATION when the carpet-bagger starts throwing out the “BE AFRAID!!! BE VERY AFRAID!!! BECAUSE OBAMA!!!” type of statements.
He ain’t got nuttin’ left and he knows it.

He wasn’t born in MA ( so, I guess, there’s that…)

I know what you meean though, I am just trying to explain away this clown.

Just what the country needs, a pretty boy airhead.

I wonder what he discussed during those " secret meetings with kings and queens?"

Who had the better tiara. perhaps?

Mr Brown is not using his head. If he had taken the time to understand he would have known Mr Duncan was asymptomatic when he arrived here. There was no way to know if he was infected or not. How then do you secure a border against that?? And there are a myriad of reasons why someone would be feverish that have NOTHING to do with Ebola. Mr Brown just is looking for ways to keep “them” (people who don’t look like northern Europeans) out. Mr Duncan entered the country legally with the proper paperwork. And he came from LIBERIA by airplane through Europe, not illegally from Mexico.

Someone should tell former Senator Centerfold that “securing the borders” would have no effect on people entering the country from Africa, because the vast majority arrive on connecting flights from Europe.

Unless he plans on crippling the economy and throwing thousands of Americans out of work by closing all airports and having soldiers standing shoulder-to-shoulder along the Mexican and Canadian borders—which would require re-instating the draft to get enough bodies to do it----it is also a physical impossibility to do as he claims we should do.

Something tells me L’il Scottie is taking stupid lesson from Louis Gohmert.

1 Like

America’s “great wall”

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1814377,00.html

Mr Brown should take a look. Also over the last few years illegal immigration has been running at near net zero. There has been a bump over the past year when a lot of unaccompanied youngsters crossed the border and then presented themselves to border agents. Many were looking to avoid drug violence in their home countries in Mexico and Central America. But now this too is resolving. I’ve lived near the Mexican border for nearly 50 years now and never has illegal immigration been this low. Scott Browns doing nothing but fear mongering.

Indeed.

2 Likes

If you look up “empty suit” in the dictionary, they’ve got Scott Brown’s photo there.

1 Like

That’s an interesting question, since it seems harder to breach the Canadian border if you’re a US citizen getting back into the country than it does to walk in from Mexico. But I’d say, why not all of the above?

You got it. And that guy in Texas who died probably would have had a better chance had the medical professionals who first saw him had better training, and thought to ask him where he was from and if he did tell them West Africa, their antennae should have gone up.

At the gym this morning, CNN was on and the fear mongering was at it’s worst. ISIS at the Border In Texas and Ebola outbreak in the US were some of the bottom runner headlines. So pathetic and unconscionable.

Not to mention the lack of knowledge on the part of the health care professionals who first treated him and allowed him to go home.

I’m hoping that they don’t send him back to DC.

I just wish we could send him to Texas.