Discussion: School Of MAGA-Clad Students Mocking Native American Closes Amid Fallout

6 Likes

His own father is in the crowd behind him cheering him on, identified in some photos and clips. Isn’t that depressing?

10 Likes

Whatever the back story with that teen and the elderly man… had I caught my son or grand son smirking like that to taunt someone they would get a “talking to” they would never forget. I don’t believe in corporal punishment but I would come very close to it.

7 Likes

And there you have it. It’s how they all think.

Repulsive human beings.

13 Likes

That would be a SnowFLAKE day

6 Likes

Beware the peril of the percussionist!

At first it is all just native tribal ritual music, then jazz, the blues then it leads to rock and roll and it becomes hell on earth. But under this devastation it is is a secret gateway to turning them to the cool and mellow beats of Yanni and John Tesh.

5 Likes

Wow, I’d been dismissing it as surely a photoshop, but it’s real. Thank you Snopes and thank you @callmeeric

Using black-out as an excuse for blackface. That’s their defense, such as it is. I’m not so surprised that teenagers might do this out of ignorance or stupidity, but this was an event with plenty of adults present who should have put an end to that right then. Instead, the school posts video on their YouTube channel.

That, right there, tells me everything.

11 Likes

Most of the ills of American society (mostly caused by Conservatives) are summed up in this remark:

1 Like

The innocent boys were in a righteous march, a march against women’s right to choose.

5 Likes

Hard to imagine any feelings other than being honored by the presence of Nathan Phillips and enriched by a cultural exchange with him in that setting. But, what do I know, I didn’t go to Catholic boys school.

6 Likes

The boys said the chaperones gave them permission to chant for school spirit – you know, the spirit that says it’s fun to ridicule Native Americans and has the added advantage of helping you keep warm to jump and do the tomahawk chop while letting out war whoops. That’s where she was.

6 Likes

tRUmp and media have taught the lesson that, as a Conservative, all you have to do is make a statement, however absurd, that makes you out to be the victim, and it will be repeated and magnified as if it were truth.

4 Likes

Melting earlier in the season due to global warming.

3 Likes

The fact that Steph Curry frequently uses the three point signal because he frequently scores three pointers has been used by the evil apologists as proof that that is merely what the boys were doing. How dare you accuse them of being indoctrinated into a racist societal world view when they use that symbol right? The boys are innocent and besides Curry does it to etc. etc. etc…

5 Likes

Yeah, every teenage kid hires a politically connected PR flack to make a statement. And how dare “libs” question those poor children while not condemning known wackos and native Americans who stepped in between to try and defuse the situation. As Josh has noted, in the end the base story is still accurate. Yeah, nuance. But when we’re to “boys will be boys,” they weren’t used to being in the city, etc., and attacking if you day kids should be better, where are we heading? Off the cliff?

7 Likes

Snopes says this is false.

Kid’s mother did not call for smallpox blankets

4 Likes

If I were a Catholic who truly believed in the tenets of the Catholic faith, I’d be mortified that students representing a Catholic school and the archdiocese were decked out in MAGA hats.

6 Likes

You kidding? This is religion. The only good people are on THEIR side.

He has issued a whiny, poor-me-I’m-the-real-victim, two-page statement of “apology” produced by a top GOP crisis management firm closely allied with Mitch McConnell.

(Apparently, your mom being the Fidelity Vice President of Relationship Management does give your family connections.)

5 Likes

Doesn’t SotU have to be “delivered” to Congress? Unless he sends a video, Nancy shouldn’t accept as a SotU.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available