Discussion: School Of MAGA-Clad Students Mocking Native American Closes Amid Fallout

History Fun Fact of the Day-

The phrase ‘kill them all and let God sort them out’ was first used at the Massacre of Bizziers, where a Catholic Bishop ordered the murder of 20,000 men, women and children.

6 Likes

Certainly, a lot of people will know what to expect from a graduate going forward. Some people won’t care at all. Others? Heh.

2 Likes

That’s not all he paid for…

2 Likes

It’s a private Catholic high school.

I’m guessing they’re Catholics of the same stripe that refused the sacrament of communion to pro-choice politicians, but gave those who supported capital punishment and the Iraq War (neither approved by the Vatican) a free pass.

These folks always seem to forget that Jesus had some harsh words for hypocrites.

Not to mention that surrounding, mocking, and jeering an elderly Native American man is a strange way to protest abortion.

8 Likes

By definition–in an inter-dependent society that depends on validity of information and perceptions–Post Truth IS the epitome of

OUT OF CONTROL

4 Likes

Cue up the faux outrage by the bigoted right crying that they are under siege by radical leftists, attacking their Christianity in 3… 2… 1…

2 Likes

The hats. The stupid fucking MAGA hats that the racist kids were wearing says it all. These immature, bully boys were encouraged by their parents to wear those hats that symbolize the white supremacist view of their man in the white house. It’s like the media is participating in a gas lighting by ignoring that just wearing those hats was proof that the boys came into that situation instilled with the racist beliefs that they then displayed in confronting the Native American man. What do those hats symbolize to America on the right and the left? The answer is obvious. Stop ignoring it.

10 Likes

Yep. I read it on rawstory. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/trump-still-planning-deliver-state-union-address-next-week-despite-pelosi-fox-news/

2 Likes
7 Likes

That will be a grave mistake for Drumpf.

Sane people will not respond the way he thinks they will.

6 Likes

Anything that Catholic Priest away from children can’t be a bad thing.

3 Likes

Tradition…(duh, duh), Tradition!

There are now same-sex public schools in Austin; one is the Ann Richards School for Girls, plus there are a couple of failing middle schools that were converted. (Several of my kid’s soccer teammates back in the day went to them, everyone wanted out; a few kids I knew were even pulled for homeschooling until they could get a transfer). There’s some fairly progressive thinking that giving girls in particular their own space is beneficial in the classroom.

These religious schools, though - especially with Catholic schools, it’s part of the justification for only men being good enough to be priests, the whole idea of male culture being this “sacred” thing that no woman should dare impinge on. Along with that is the attitude that girls are too fragile to be around boys and need to be protected from them, adn at the same time are so conniving that boys need to be protected from them. We saw plenty of that attitude with the Kavanaugh hearings.

It’s a self-perpetuating culture of toxic sex-as-predation that is both justification and result of these institutions.

8 Likes

O I know. See, I’m silently cheering him on here - I want to see him try this.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

I hope he does it. Outside of whatever venue he picks and the people they bus in for the show, it will go over like a lead balloon. Considering how he rambles for hours, I don’t even think the networks will pick it up in its entirety.

Or maybe I’m just too optimistic.

3 Likes

This is SICKENING! The gang mentality so easily swaying these conscience-free asswipes! This is beyond alarming.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Matt Bors

17 Likes

Funny that! That’s exactly how I think of a woman’s right to choose. Context matters!

1 Like

On Daily Kos last night a persistent commenter kept excusing away that photo/video by saying “black out night” is a common thing and that the white supremacist hand sign was merely a three point signal that was used by all basketball players. Gag me right? Those sneers and snarls on the assholes faces behind the poor kid from the visiting school say it all though. That is racist hate and no amount of gas lighting can diminish the fact that the kids have been poisoned by their parents all the way to the dotard to act in such a disgusting manner.

6 Likes

The irony of marching for the “dignity of life” then mocking a Native American man is past these people.

This probably doesn’t rise to the level of the Pope, but this is the second Catholic School with grossly toxic levels of racism and/or toxic masculinity that has very recently made news. He really ought to look at this and fire some people. This is unacceptable on any level.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available