Discussion: School Of MAGA-Clad Students Mocking Native American Closes Amid Fallout

He said he was praying.

Where is @inversion? His gif of the monkeys laughing is called for here.

11 Likes

You nailed it. This guy is putting nails in his future. Good.

9 Likes

Yeah and it seems that the school is getting revealed for a hotbed of this kind of thing. Thatā€™s not altogether bad either.

15 Likes

Key word.

3 Likes
  • Who is organizing these boys to be anti abortion The Catholic Church
  • Why is this a school sanctioned trip Because the Catholic Church uses children to further their messaging and it further indoctrinates the kids
  • Why would an all boys school hold a strong feeling on abortion They donā€™t - they got a free trip to DC to act like most teens do when away from home and with inadequate supervision. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if one or two of them might be thinking more pragmatically about abortion in about a month, though.
  • Why would they be promoting such a position to its all boy student body? See second bullet.
11 Likes

Sounds to me like the Archbishop and Pope Francis needs to receive some mass mailings.

7 Likes

I was suspicious, but now Iā€™m convinced that it is true.

5 Likes

Yeah - a real pope after all and just as disappointing as they all are.

4 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive

13 Likes

Totally. While the PR firm is out there trying to turn that shit into a saint the school is taking it in the shorts. This will not work out well for any of them, but the Trump party gets to act like victims. So there is that. :wink:

6 Likes

So the current governor of KY decided to chide people about judging others. Itā€™s not as if he had anything to say about, letā€™s say, teachers:
ā€œI guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky today, a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them,ā€ Bevin said on Friday to a group of reporters. ā€œI guarantee you somewhere today, a child was physically harmed or ingested poison because they were left alone because a single parent didnā€™t have any money to take care of them.ā€

This all could have been avoided if the chaperones had done their job, Iā€™ve been on boy scout trips in the past to Washington, where street preachers and loudmouths try to agitate people passing by, On the advice of our chaperones, we just ignored them and went on our way. Bu allowing these teens to try to engage these groups was a recipe for trouble, not matter what their political or religious affiliation.

12 Likes

And as the fictional Mary Cooper would say: ā€œAnd thatā€™s your opinion!ā€

The close minded are very good at keeping their minds closed.

5 Likes

Yes this is squarely on the chaperones - the kid is 16. Heā€™s a minor. He should know better but the real responsibility is on the adults who were responsible for him.

8 Likes

ā€˜MAGA hat boysā€™ filmed harassing girls before stand-off with Native American man

5 Likes

Beyond obvious: I have no doubt this is how Georgetown Prepā€™s little bastards think and behave.

8 Likes

Gov. Matt Bevin is one of Americaā€™s premiere embarrassments and assholes. Anything he says can automatically be understood to be 180 degrees from what normal, decent people should do, or believe.

Like every Conservadunce, he also lacks irony.

5 Likes

This situation deserves a heartfelt dirge. Thank you for giving me some Neil Young.

1 Like

I think one of the more confounding (or just plain goofier) aspects of this and many other stories is the idea that a MAGA hat should go hand in hand with the Anti-Abortion faction.

No one can convince me that Trump hasnā€™t paid for his fair share of abortions

8 Likes

Apt pupils, all!

3 Likes

You posted something about Trump wanting a walk-through for the SOTU? Just saw this:

A rally. Of course.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available