Discussion: Schiff Takes The Brunt Of GOP's Fury After Mueller Report

I suppose the next big step by this crowd is to try to shut down the SDNY investigations. So how do they pull that one off? Start firing U.S. Attorneys, or at least help them “resign?” Now that they have established that obstruction of justice is a chimera, anything’s possible.

10 Likes

I’d really call it swill - at least wash gets the hogs clean.

2 Likes

I have been staying away from most of the coverage because I knew it was going to make me want to vomit. The only person I found reasonable and intelligent so far (besides TPM’s editors) was Dahlia Lithwick of Slate on the What’s Next Podcast. Other than that, the conventional wisdom mongers (thanks for the phrase @mattinpa) have been out in full force ignoring everything they have heard for the last 2 years and pretending like they knew all along this would be the case.

It is almost unbearable - hope Chris and Rachel have something decent to say tonight.

14 Likes

First positive news I’ve seen about this stuff!

Great opportunity to engage in some temporary bulimic behaviors to lose weight!

1 Like

If that’s not irrelevant blathering then tell me exactly what Trump and his bully’s coterie could possibly do to Schiff. He’s going to keep investigating. He did that for a living, if you look it up. And he doesn’t scare. You think Trump’s invulnerable now? You seriously want to argue that? Or is it just more sorehead blather?

19 Likes

There’s no more rocks to be overturned.

Wonder what Kevin’s grades in English class were. I’m thinking C or worse.

However, there ARE plenty of rocks that need to be overturned, Kev.

You’re sweating. I love it.

10 Likes

No Troll Feeding!

(My posts are just general haranguing, I think that’s allowed, just no engagement on the substance of their ‘arguements’)

4 Likes

Nick’s a special case so back off, this one’s mine. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

You got it, boss!

6 Likes

Cause seriously how’s he going to answer? He can’t, so he runs away. It makes me happy, and I have so few satisfactions in life. : )

12 Likes

It’s 2 in the morning in St. Pete. Give him a break.

10 Likes

“It’s over,” McCarthy said. “When are they going to take an answer for an answer? There’s no more rocks to be overturned.”

I have one word for Republicans saying it’s over -

Benghazi.

Sow the wind reap the whirlwind mofos. :imp:

13 Likes

Yes

11 Likes

I’d say they are scared Schiffless. :laughing:

Cc @castor_troy

19 Likes

And that’s a crock. He found insufficient evidence to charge (apparently) which is not the same thing as “no evidence.” Again, without seeing the actual report, this is still all speculation. Release the report. Now.

15 Likes

No, German. Prior to the ethnic cleansing of 1945, there was a huge German community in the northern area of Serbia (the Vojvodinja, the area which had transferred from Austria-Hungary to Serbia following the Treaty of Trianon in 1923). If you take Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Yugoslavia, and Bulgaria, more than 12,000,000 persons of German heritage were driven out after WWII. My family left in the 1920s after WWI. I have grandfathers who served on both sides of WWI.

2 Likes

All we know is that there was no collusion. And enough with the “oh, there was collusion, just not enough to make a case”. What fatuous bullshit. Trump is not out of the woods by any means, but the collusion fiction is over. And that means that the entire fictional narrative for the last 2 years, that Trump won due to collusion, is crap. It also means that the Dems have not come to terms with the ACTUAL reason they lost - HRC’s incompetence, the server idiocy, the open-borders, the hispandering.

So where did you get your copy of the actual report, and why aren’t you sharing it with the rest of us?

11 Likes

Oh hey NickDonger, I know a buncha sayings an’ shit too! Wanna hear one? “Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.” Except your boy ain’t no king, pal. He’s not really even the president of a majority of the country, is he? But you keep rooting for him, I’m sure he’ll come through and keep out the browns for you. Oh jeeze I almost forgot, that uneasy thing:

20 Likes

“If it’s what you say, I love it!”

The English definition of “cooperation” was not in effect for the investigation…

Oh, and @nickdanger got his copy from the Kremlin, like the rest of them. Trump e-mailed the celebratory copy to Putin shortly after Barr shot it to him on the sly.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available