Discussion: Scarborough Tells 'Devout Christian' Pence He Needs To Reread The Bible

1 Like

Who hates Pence?
Can I see a show of hands?

68 Likes

Pence (and most of his ilk) stop reading the Bible after the end of the Old Testament. He knows Jesus’ name, but not what he said and did. Just another hypocrite. @sickneffintired: Both of my hands are up.

30 Likes

Bibles aren’t for reading. They’re for waving in the faces of people who disagree with you.

60 Likes

:+1:

14 Likes

Assumes a fact with no evidence, that Pence has ever read the Bible.

16 Likes

I’d like Joe to say it to Pence’s face.

19 Likes

Can I raise both hands?

Seriously, hate is so destructive. We should avoid hate.

So, who out there despises Pence?

31 Likes

If I could, I’d get a hand transplant, just so I could raise more than two to show my hatred of Pence.

8 Likes

“Mike Pence is lying about children living in torturous positions right there. Mike Pence, who claims to be a Christian, a devout Christian…"

“The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from ancient Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.” – Thomas Paine

37 Likes

Scarborough Tells ‘Devout Christian’ Pence He Needs To Reread The Bible

Well depends what part of the bible you read, there are parts where genocide and mass rape are just following god’s will. Reading the Bible serves only to confirm what you already want to believe, it has been used to justify all kinds of atrocities.

23 Likes

Come on now – he has read the “no being gay” part 6,897 times this year alone.

14 Likes

I guess this might be a good way to show hypocrisy, but I hate the framing. Pence is not a cretin despite his religious views. He is a cretin because of them. He has accepted the false morality of his version of Christianity. It is only by raising himself above others due to his perceived adherence to his own moral code that he dehumanizes those outside his moral code. Pence’s white supremacy and his religiosity are not in conflict. They are two sides of the same coin.

37 Likes

Payment, my ass. The cruelty is the point.

20 Likes

As a civil servant, Pence should be told he needs to first read our Constitution. It really seems everyone in this fucking maladministration has managed to conveniently ignore what is says or has never bothered to read it. This is truly the closest we have to an illiterate or just plain dumbed-down executive branch in our entire history.

29 Likes

“I don’t need to read it, I know what’s in it!”

9 Likes

I could live without hearing anything about Morning Joe.

4 Likes

“Nobody could have predicted…”. (sorry Condi, but your stupid, self-serving comment applies to the whole Trump Circus of Clowns and Miscreants.)

8 Likes

To quote the inimitable Tom Lehrer:

"Now I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man----and I hate people like that."

19 Likes

Slightly off topic, but the same rules can apply to Pence as well as Trump.

I would highlight a couple of points, but it is dead on across the board. Someone finally got it. We need this to happen consistently.

4 Likes