Discussion: Scarborough: Jon Stewart's Depature Looks Like 'A Favor' To Brian Williams

Discussion for article #233159

More like a favor to Beck.

Actually, Joe, I think that Stewart mentioned this now because it was likely going to hit the press as wild speculation rather than him being able to get ahead of it and control it.

An announcement like this usually gets made either on Monday or on Thursday for the show…not on Tuesday or Wednesday. I might be wrong on that, but it seems like that is how things go.

2 Likes

His rationale is that they are from the same state, so Jon Stewart bases his personal decisions that I’m sure were discussed and planned in advance with his family is all about taking the heat off of Williams? I have to wonder if he actually makes his own personal life decisions in such convoluted ways that he thinks this is a reasonable train of thought.

1 Like

What the fuck is this even supposed to mean? What kind of “favor” is it supposed to be? Stewart’s stepping down because . . . what, otherwise he would be powerless to resist making fun of Williams?

Honest to god, with enough flashlight batteries and rope, sometime’s it is possible to penetrate the depths of the conservative mind and trace out the tortured mental process that results in the things that come out their mouths, but when the mind in question is just a solid block of granite, it can’t be done.

15 Likes

Yeah, most people walk away from a reported $30m a year job out of in-state loyalty.

4 Likes

Sure, Jon Stewart leaves a job which he was making millions of dollars for Brian Williams. Also, Stewart won’t leave until later in the year. How is that helping Brian Williams?? MSNBC, Joe Coffee is still going off the rails and you would do most viewers a great favor if you replaced Joe with someone else.

8 Likes

To be fair, Brian Williams has been a guest on The Daily Show a few times and they seemed, if not best friends, on friendly terms.

However, if Jon Stewart had wanted to draw attention away from Williams, then wouldn’t he had done it last week?

The Williams family and the Stewart family are very close friends. This came up recently when Brian Williams’ daughter, an actress, was interviewed by Stewart.

Today’s Tinfoil Hat Award goes toooooo…

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s “he’s doing this to distract from the conservative pigpile on Williams and ruin our ability to perpetuate it forever.”

1 Like

Maybe Christie will resign. He’s also from New Jersey.

6 Likes

I can see it that they are on good terms, because of the industry they are in and where they are based. Still seems like a bit of a stretch to think that Jon Stewart engineered his announcement as some sort of reprieve for Brian Williams.

BTW:

Dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern

All of this “Morning Joe” stuff and him ranting Teatroll talking points about liberals etc. is just a distraction from the dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern dead intern

9 Likes

he said they were to jersey guys??? hey scumbouroug dude your from crazy ass florida and he’s talkin about someone from another state what a putz

1 Like

There are Jersey guys who do, in fact, help out other Jersey guys, but I don’t think Brian and Jon are part of that particular group of Jersey guys.

1 Like

trying to penetrate the depths of the conservative mind…just dip your little toe in those depths you wouldnt get the first toe knuckle wet

1 Like

Does MSNBC know how many people refuse to watch them because of Joe Scarborough’s existence in their lineup? He’s certainly the biggest deterrent for me. Granted, I generally boycott all “news” programming because it’s all just so much trash and filth, but if there was one I’d watch, you’d think it would be the one that’s actually “liberal.” Instead I boycott them with the rest primarily because of this ridiculous, screeching fool.

3 Likes

Her name is Lori Klausutis.

3 Likes

I do know that…“Dead intern” just felt like it had a better ring to it at the moment for the rant hehe

2 Likes