Discussion: Sasse Slams Trump’s Sessions Tweet: U.S. Not ‘Some Banana Republic’

I’ve often referred to Trump as President Coo Coo Bananas. Sasse’s comments make perfect sense.

1 Like

It wasn’t before, now it is, Sasse,… ( I guess this is posturing before a 2020 announcement ?)

5 Likes

Ooooh, give it to him, Sassy Ben! You are such a tiger! And I’ll bet you’ll deny Trump his Supreme Court pick and also vote against his agenda in protest because you are oh so righteously indignant, won’t you?
What’s that, Ben? I can’t understand you because your speech is garbled. Perhaps you should try removing Trump’s scrotum from your mouth before stating your answer.

5 Likes

Banana Peels are dangerous. Approach with caution Senator Sasse.

2 Likes

Read this article and you will laugh out loud at the idea that Donald Trump is so unprepared to be a public servant that he thinks Hunter and his wife should have been “let go,” just like he asked James Comey to do with Michael Flynn. Hunter and spouse were illegally living like millionaires on plundered campaign funds. Every Trump tweet is proof of his corrupt intent to obstruct justice, not just on the Russia Probe, but in general.

And, how much do you want to bet that Ben Sasse is going to vote straight party line on everything about Mitch McConnell’s and Chuck Grassley’s steamrolling of the Brett Kavanaugh nomination?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/allegation-in-hunters-indictment-raises-issue-of-how-expedia-charges-appear-on-bank-statements/2018/08/30/b69dbc84-aa21-11e8-b1da-ff7faa680710_story.html?utm_term=.3956436c7a46

8 Likes

And how in the hell does one rack up over $35,000 in overdraft fees on ones checking account?
BTW, how does a bank even allow anyone to rack up over $35,000 in overdraft fees on a checking account?

6 Likes

IOKIYAR. Get with the program.

4 Likes

Look, this is easy: Chris, Duncan, they both came out early to support me. Chris, he was the FIRST, the very first. And the thing is, everybody knows this, right? Great guy, great, great guy. Successful! He didn’t have to go into this dirty business, he’s really smart, I think he was even on Wall Street for a while. Really smart, he’s come up with all kinds of medical miracles to save people’s lives, right?
And Duncan, com’on, really? Dunc the Hunk, I like to call him, right ladies? The Incredible Hunk. He’s like a superhero! And the things is, he’s been in Congress since Reagan - he supported Reagan! And Reagan absolutely loved him. He’s one of our greatest war heros - he fought for us, US, ON OUR SIDE, in Vee Et Nam. He didn’t have to do that! One of the bloodiest victories in our history, he was there, he won it for us. Okay, maybe not all by himself, not personally. But you wouldn’t believe the medals he won. He was like, I don’ wanna brag, he doesn’t like talking about it, but he was almost our Most Decorated Vet ever. And - folks, believe me; this is important: never captured. Nev. Air. Not once! Amazing, amazing guy, Link. Believe it or not, he used to dive out of helicopters with his bare hands and win. A real winner Link Hunter, dunno but, I’m pretty sure he’s named for one of our most famous presidents, remember? President Linkedin, he who freed the blacks. He didn’t have to do that! There’s even a relative of his who fought with Linkedin at Fort Lee Gorge, uncle, father, one of those, He says, Mr. President, call me Link, you can call me Dunc, call me whatever, so, that’s great - it’s Link. Why would be want to dishonor our fallen heroes?
And meanwhile - MEAN while: Hillary walks around, not a care in the world, walking around free as bird. That’s not right. Little Jeff Sessions knows this. There’s something rotten in Denmark there, folks. Stinks like a head fish, that’s a saying you don’t hear much these days, but it’s true. Little Jeffy smells like fish heads. He even looks like one: like this! So Hillary, nothing, nothing happens. And our fallen heroes, our capstains of Wall Street, they get arrested, locked up, throw away the key, maybe tortured, who knows?

4 Likes

Oh, look - Republican toady who likes to pretend to oppose president idiot is “speaking out” against president idiot’s ongoing assault on your government and rule of law. And will once again do absolutely nothing. And he will be joined in his pathetic bleating by other cowards Jeff Flake, maybe Susan Collins, Bob Corker, etc. All off whom will do. Nothing.

These lying hacks serve only to help launder president idiot’s hideous assault on the country. They wring their hands, mildly complain and then support Trump on everything. Which of course allows president idiot to claim even the supposedly reasonable Republicans like Sasse support him. They are worse than useless, and hearing them spew this crap, and do nothing, is stomach turning. Shut the fuck up until you’re ready to do something, you cowardly hack.

6 Likes

And what is Sassy Benjy doing to put a check on Mango Mussolini?

Not a G.D. thing except shooting out a lot of USELESS hot air!

2 Likes

None of these “principled” R Senators has a spine until he does a Jeffords. A single person right now can make a choice that will stop Fat Nixon’s agenda cold and that person will be remembered by history for making a difference when it really mattered.

We’re waiting…

5 Likes

If Sasse thinks Trump will hear of this and change his ways he’s as delusional as Trump is.

2 Likes

As he votes yes for Trump’s injustice and plain stupidity!

1 Like

He’s right. The US is not some banana republic. Sasse would be collecting a lot more open graft if this were a banana republic.

(BTW, let’s keep in mind the origin of that term, namely the habit of the American Fruit Company, later Standard Brands, of financing more or less violent changes of government in latin american countries to minimize the royalties paid for agricultural exports and for workers’ wages. I.e. precisely the kind of capitalism we’re working on now.)

2 Likes