Discussion: Sanders Supporters Secure Permits For Protest Near July Dem Convention

And they won’t make one bit of difference. Hillary will get the nomination, and if they start any riots outside - where no one inside the loud and frenetic convention will even know or care what’s going on with the Sandernistas outside - I am sure they will end up in the slammer. But if you’re going to protest and end up in jail, why not do it in Cleveland during the GOP convention? What a bunch of assholes. Yeah, try to burn down the Democratic Party so Trump wins and the GOP turns around and shoves Bernie’s “evolution” right up their collective assholes.
I guess some people were born yesterday.

17 Likes

In all honesty?

By July, not many… they’ll be in the middle of their legendary summer vacay by then

5 Likes

> The whole Bernie movement is an ideology. If Bernie wins the nomination, wins the presidency, that would be amazing.

How about winning a local, state or midterm election in 2018? Then I’ll be impressed with this “ideology”. I’m not holding my breath.

14 Likes

True – and since Bernie walks only the straight and narrow, he’s a shoe-in!

I truly think Bernie will be a nonentity by July, myself. Obviously, patience is not his supporters’ strong suit.

I suppose we’ll see him on TV at the rally then.

Relative prosperity and an un-invaded country makes for a population dumbed down to depths never seen in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia.

NOWHERE

There is not one individual in those continents who has no connection with people descended from the ranks of DP’s**, refugees, victims of genocide…

** Displaced Persons…a term used after WWII

6 Likes

They’re basically the people who tried to hijack the Anti-Iraq war protests. The puppet brigades… ANSWER The anarchist skinhead dickbags climbing chainlink fence and shaking it.

Their purpose in life is to discredit anything worth a damn, until it’s time for them to put down their toys and go be good little Republican suckups.

How else they gonna get that trust fund?

3 Likes

Wandering between stages 2 and 3 of the Kubler-Ross scale?

7 Likes

America needs a privileged white kid protest. But what are they protesting, Bernie’s loss? This elitist movement is sad and pathetic. It is a revolution of ignorance that represents a very small percentage of the voting population with an extremely over-blown sense of importance.

They will not be convinced of the real danger of their extremist intransigence and, quite frankly, it doesn’t matter to them that Single mothers, minorities, gays, women and the poor cannot afford four years of Trump or his supreme court appointees. They have created a false god in Sandalf the Grey and their magical wizard demands purity without thought. Revolution without cause and hatred of an invented enemy.

19 Likes

Also a country full of people who typically don’t travel abroad aside from the occasional Cancun Spreak Break and the obligatory backpacking trip to wealthy Western European destiniation cities between sophomore and junior year.

5 Likes

ahem,
TPM is part of the problem. Why don’t you try bringing us together instead of profiting from tearing us apart?

1 Like

If Hillary wins, congratulations. If Trump wins, sorry for your loss. But let’s be honest:

Police will continue to kill black people either way.
Wall Street will continue to benefit on the backs of Main Street.
Young men and women will be sent overseas to fight in wars that could largely have been avoided.

If that doesn’t make you angry, then we are very different Democrats.

I couldn’t care less if Sanders wins. I absolutely care that the Democratic Party stops inching itself further and further to the right, and what we have seen thus far is that anger and protest is more effective at shifting us to the left than backroom handshakes and wire transfers. So they should protest.

1 Like

Bernie has berned a few too many bridges lately. The only way he’ll have any relevance after ther November elections is if–and only if–the newly-dominant Senate Democratic numbers 50, 51 or 52 (or even 49) and they need Berned for caucusing or extra cushion in numbers. Otherwise, he may be one sad dude come January 2017.

7 Likes

Feel (" Let’s elect Donald Trump President" ) the Bern…

3 Likes

Are they protests or rallies?

1 Like

For some reason I don’t quite get, these idjits think that the sole act of getting arrested somehow changes things. A few months ago, something called “Democracy Spring” came and went without most Americans noticing. Someone on DK wrote a diary boasting that the most people ever got arrested at the event.

By the time I got to the end of the diary, I still wasn’t clear on what the message was they were trying to get across. I suspect some similar dynamic will be in play.

5 Likes

Were you in a coma for the last 8 years? What is wrong with y’all that you refuse to see the progress we have made under Obama -the country, the Democrats and the general direction of things. We are on the very verge of getting the SCOTUS back, which is monumentally enormously important. We do that, we can get gerrymandered maps redrawn and get Congress back. More votes are cast for Democratic Congressional candidates than GOP candidates in every election but the representative voting maps are all skewed because the GOP redrew them.

We are moving back leftward as an entire society. You upend everything (in your dreams - none of you has clue 1 how to proceed with any kind of “revolution,”) it would send the whole thing careening into chaos that would destroy everything a lot of us have been working for since 2000.

28 Likes

Froma Harrop coined the term:

“Snapchat Progressives”

To describe rabid enthusiasts who appear every four years for the sexiness of a presidential election.

Then disappear.

(See: “2010” and “2014”.)

28 Likes

o my god that’s perfect.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available