Discussion: Romney Rejects GOPer's Impeachment Call: 'Don’t Think' It's The 'Right Way To Go'

Romney actually started the whole Benghazi hoax and we care what he says, why again?

21 Likes

“And brave, brave Sir Romney, bravely ran away…”

35 Likes

He should run as a Democrat.

Mitt Romney, the sorta male Susy Collins…

25 Likes

As I read the report, I was troubled by it, was very disappointing for a number of reasons,” he continued. “I don’t think impeachment is the right way to go.”

Well, you have to get past the introduction. Somehow, I doubt he read the full report because everyone else who’s read it has been horrified by the lawlessness. But it is finger to the wind Romney.

16 Likes

I don’t think impeachment is the right way to go. I think pandering and equivocating are the right ways to go, and I’ve been consistent in that.

38 Likes

Romney reminds us every day that although he’s willing to play the ‘honor and integrity’ schtick every once in a while, it’s really just a version of Trump University. He hooks rubes in with visions of his virtue, and then takes their votes to the bank. Fortunately, not enough to beat Obama in 2012. Trump was a better conman than Romney, alas.

15 Likes

He’s more believable. :smile:

6 Likes

Somebody’s really got to explain this “corrupt intent” thing. If the guy is trying to use his power to squash an investigation into a crime, what other “intent” could there be other than corrupt ?

I mean, if I flush a bag of weed down the toilet while the cops are banging on the front door, can I say “I was just cleaning my pipes with these herbal supplements I had” and have accepted as non corrupt intent ?

13 Likes

This is the equivalent of “thoughts and prayers.”

18 Likes

“I was troubled by it, was very disappointing for a number of reasons,” he continued”

So he thinks being troubled and disappointed is enough.

Have we impeached the motherfucker yet? I don’t give a good goddamn what Romney thinks about anything. Gutless wonder who has a stick up his ass instead of a spine.

21 Likes

Also: okay, Mitt, what is the friggin right way to go? I can sympathize with Democratic House leaders hesitating on impeachment, knowing that their political fate is the only thing between this country and authoritarian rule. If the GOP had won the House, we would have never heard of the Mueller Report. If the GOP wins in 2020, people will be arrested for mentioning it. So yeah, I get why Pelosi & co. are trying to take the strategy of slow cuts, as less risky. But that’s only because they know that in the end, no one in the GOP will have our collective back. So what’s your ‘way to go’, Mitch? What the &^? are you doing? Apologies for cussing on the forum, but this guy just makes me so mad.

15 Likes

I never expected Romney to stand up to Trump. He already fluffed that when he begged for the SecState job.

15 Likes

“As I read the report, I was troubled by it, was very disappointing for a number of reasons,”

Notes: troubled/disappointed=concerned

5 Likes

Just call him Susie.

9 Likes

Susan Collins, but butch and with a temple garment.

7 Likes

Susie never had underwear like Mittens.

9 Likes

Troubled and disappointed but not quite enough to not support him for another four years. What a piece of sanctimonious shit. He indeed needs a spine inside that magic underwear.

Oops- mickeyg and Mr Vonhoist got the underwear part first - damn these great minds!

6 Likes

Yeah Mittens wait until you’re led by the nose by public opinion after all the ugly details come out.

He can title his memoirs Profile in Cowardice.

6 Likes